1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tix4tonite

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Sam in Ut, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed the chances to get tics to some of the higher end shows like the Jersey Boys, Absinthe, Mystere, etc. are between 75% to 100% per their website. If this is true, why would one pay in full instead of getting these discounted tickets? Are these percentages close and if so, what kind of savings have you gotten?

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe those booths only have a certain amount of tickets per show and can easily run out. People pay full price ahead of time to guarantee a ticket to the show they want to watch. I think Tix4Tonight is more for people who want to see a show but don't know which one and want a cheap option.

3. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I waited in that line 30 minutes for absinthe tickets. Maybe it was 5 minutes, maybe it was an hour. I dunno. What I do know is that it FELT too damn long and I should be enjoying vegas, not standing in a line outside of PHo. Not worth saving the $20/$30 however much I saved.

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The group I was with tried this once and never again. I think we ended up seeing Nathan Burton. The issue was that it was advertised right outside Flamingo for something like $25 and you got a free buffet. tix4tonight wanted more than $25 and you didn't get the buffet. Granted the buffet there isn't very good, but it still cost more.

I just spend 2 minutes searching 2 of those shows. Absinthe I can get $20 off tickets right on the official site. Jersey Boys I can get $40 off selected shows/seats. I can get cheaper if I go to 3rd party sites.

My experience with their advertised prices is that they aren't completely ripping you off, but if you are able to plan ahead a little you will do much better spending that 20-30+ minutes just searching the internet for deals before you head out to Vegas. I'd be more interested in places like this if the wait wasn't long. At least then you wouldn't feel bad if you got up there and it wasn't as good of a deal as you hoped. I'm guessing some people end up buying something they wouldn't have just because they just spend so much time waiting.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost all shows have discounts of some kind available if you google. There are many on Groupon, Travelzoo, Goldstar, etc.. Sometimes Tix4tonight can be lower, often they aren't. You can stand in line for awhile (of course they are happy to sell you a "VIP" pass to skip the line). As said above it's fine if you have no real show preference but if there is a specific show you really want to see I'd find the discounts online and get your tix in advance.

6. kevgret

kevgret Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use to like Tix4tonite but over the years they have become the last resort for me..

I can get any of their discounts cheaper by dealing with box office directly, groupon, travel zoo, etc..

For example, If you want absinthe just go to the box office during the day and there are usually people handing out discount coupons..

I was able to get front row raiding the rock vault tickets from travelzoo for half price

Just pick the shows you want and then have fun hunting down the discounts online.. they are out there.

Also keep in mind that you are not getting actual tickets from tix4tonight.. you get vouchers that have to be turned in at the box office for real tickets. These vouchers are being turned in on a first come first served basis so you could end up with farther back seats the longer you wait to exchange them.

7. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you get to the booth and the line is long, take your smartphone and sign up for the text alerts. I've seen enough people do this where their first offer comes right in and it includes a line jump (the vip one).

Our plane was canceled due to weather this past summer and we got an extra night in Vegas (darn). We wanted to chill and catch a show, and ultimately decided on Mystere. Got in line, signed up and bammo. Line jump and a discount of 10% to boot.

Several people have relayed the same experience. The key is to sign up while in line or right before because they send you the first offer right away and it does (or did) expire.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's like most other things;people make choices. I have bought tickets online from Goldstar, travelzoo, and I've bought them from the box office and often at Tix4 tonite.Discounters sell vouchers adding another chore . It depends on what you are willing to do to save, and how much you save. I have found GoldStarEvents a bit cheaper than TIX even with the service charge, but there is no line to wait in, nor going out to their booth. Like TIX, Goldstar gives yu a confirmation which you bring to the box office. Getting there early gets yu a better seat. I've had great seats and often a choice of front row, aisle seats etc. And if you go to Tix, remember lines just like lines at a buffet are longer sometimes than others. Go early. Also if you check Tix like between 6 and 7, yu sometimes have white board specials. I have seen Celine tickets advertised many times for $82.50 and was told he could get me a ticket for $30 onenight. They had just been picked up the tickets and he was going to cal the guy and offer him the $30. He said he would have taken it. I'm checking with GoldStar for my trip in 2 weeks......just haven't decided what nights I want to commit to which shows.

Jimbo338

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't get a better deal at Tix4Tonight than you would online, and you can 100% pick your seat, and your date, and if you want good seats or bad. I haven't gone there in years, I always buy them online.

Absinthe $79
    http://smartervegas.com/shows/absinthe/ticketsdiscounts.aspx

Mystere (and all Cirque)
    http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/offers/las-vegas/default.aspx

Jersey Boys $40 off.
    http://www.jerseyboysinfo.com/vegas/40ACCESS/

People just don't know, or don't want to take the time to Google that's why they pay full price. Most people are not savvy Vegas travelers like us! Nearly every Vegas show is on sale. With the exception of O, Michael Jackson One and the headliners like Celine or Elton.

10. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like others have said, it's a huge, time-consuming pain in the butt.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.