1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tix4Tonight- worth the savings?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by pink_paradise, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was planning on using the Tix4Tonight booth for some show tickets this coming July, but have heard how long the lines can get (especially in the July heat) and that the discount sometimes isn't worth the waiting, as time is money, of course. Based on past experience, would you say that it would be better to just buy the tickets online beforehand to secure the seats we want and not have to worry about the whole waiting in line and then exchanging the voucher ordeal, or is the savings worth it? Opinions would be most appreciated!

2. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

If you have a car there is a booth at the shopping center just north of Fryes that I have never seen another person at, much less any line.
    If you are flexible about the show you want to see and aren't picky about your seating they can be a good value.

3. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Yes, the lines can be long and slow. But try going first thing in the morning and the lines should be shorter then. Or wait until late afternoon, but then of course, pickings are slim. If you're at the MGM location on the sidewalk, if the lineup is long, try walking 50 feet to the Coke bottle location. That one always seems shorter as its indoors and away from the traffic even though you can see the booth's from each other.

But I only use these places when I'm trying to fill up a free night or if something catches my eye. If I'm dead set on seeing a show, I usually buy in advance just to guarantee a seat.

If you're wondering if they have any shows you even want to see, call their daily recorded message line at 1-877-849-4868 to hear available shows. Takes a few minutes but it's a free call you can make before you even leave your room in the morning.

And like McKevin32 says, if you have a car, there's several locations to try, even one at the Town Square mall. I haven't been to that mall yet but I can't imagine they would have a big lineup. Plus you can go shopping there afterwards!

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also check other online discount ticket sites before your trip, like goldstar & keep an eye on Travelzoo discounts.

I've used them all and been very satisfied. But if I MUST have tickets to a show, I buy ahead of time (searching for the best price, of course:peace:)

I've never waited in a long line at one of the tix4tonight locations, so......But I haven't made a summer trip to Vegas in quite a few years...

5. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last September the wife and I decided to go see Carrot Top one day and we saved $20 bucks using Tix4Tonight versus the best deal offered at the box office. The thing to remember is the earlier you redeem the voucher the better selection of seats to choose from which might be a hassle if your staying at the other end on the strip from where the show you want to see is at.
    Mark

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the show. I'd figure out what you want to see, then ask on here if anyone knows what kind of discount tix4tonite gives for it.

Some shows are always available, truly half price and seldom out of tickets (a lot of the topless revues qualify here). Some other shows you can get almost the same discount elsewhere. And some shows sell out fast if they are at the booth at all.

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ticket discounters are going to be the best when things are slowest. A weekday in July is a good time to use them. If you want to see a circque show but you don't care which one because you haven't seen any of them, that's a great time to use them, for example.

If you know what you want to see and it's important to you, just bite the bullet and buy the tickets ahead of time. Tix4tonight is great for when you have a free night and just don't know what it is you're going to do. You might end up seeing something you wouldn't have, which can be fun (or not...but it's vegas...roll the dice!)

Even in the summer it's not too bad underneath that coke bottle area, especially in the morning. And during the week the lines just aren't that long usually. Saturday, maybe not as good.

8. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

If buying a head of time, direct from your Shows box office fits your budget,
    that's always the best guarantee for a good seat without the discount run around.
    If you choose to use TIX4TONIGHT, best way is to be there when they open in the
    morning (view 9:30am/buy 10:am) but check their website for up to date times.

9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me its not worth it.

i get my tickets using the codes from smartervegas.com

to stand in line when you have the internet in your pocket makes little sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.