1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tipping prepaid limo driver

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by edsock, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edsock

edsock Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I have an airport to strip limo reserved that says rate includes tax and tip. Question, is it ok to leave it at that, or should I top up the tip with a small amount ($10)upon arrival at my hotel? Thanks

2. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    limo tip

Cash tips are always nice, but I think it depends on the service. If they take you right to your hotel, and a blah personality, then you decide. If they drive you around, talk to you a little, yes. If you have a lot of bags or heavy bags, I would throw a little also.

3. MangoPort

MangoPort Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's weird they have the pre-paid tip included; makes you wonder if that actually goes to the driver or is just a way for them to advertise a lower price then they actually are. If it's something like $20 or more already I would probably give nothing. Then again I might feel socially compelled in the moment.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much is your total rate that includes tax and tip?

5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    limo tip

Most limo companies are including a tip on prepaid online specials. Why, cause way to many people think that a $50 ride from airport and helping luggage is worth a $2.00 tip. Drivers in Vegas never know before a person gets in their vehicle what that person is going to tip, regardless of services or length. You get a little better deal, for service by doing prepaid, but then they figure the tip is included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.