1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Time Warner & NFL network

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Joe, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They finally reached an agreement and I can now see Thursday night NFL football. 9 fricking years they have been arguing about an agreement.

About the only thing I miss about DirecTV is the entire NFL package. Games, Redzone etc. We had all of that when we lived in Vegas.

Christmas
  2. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude, I was MESMERIZED by the Red Zone channel on Sunday... especially between 3:00 and 4:00 when all the early games were ending and three games went to overtime.

To quote Barney Gumbel - "Where have you been all my life?!?"

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
  3. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time Warner has the future Laker games on now. But they haven't agreed to have anybody show it. I REFUSE to get Time Warner cable. Before I got Dish Network, I had TW they had a 'snow' session 4 days over Christmas in 1998.

Hopefully they can come to an agreement for other providers to show them. BUt it looks like TW is investing LOTS of $$$$$$$ to get NFL, and the Lakers games on their network.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe you can thank me. I just switched from Time Warner to Directv and I told them it was because they refused to carry the NFL Network. So far I think Directv is better so I won't be switching back. However, now I'm missing the Pac12 Network and the new Laker channel (not that I give a rat's arse about the Lakers). Doesn't matter who you sign up with there's eventually going to be a dispute between carrier and provider and who gets screwed in the end? That's right, us the consumer.

5. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could always go negotiate an agreement yourself with the provider. NFL Network to a 1 customer private business? I am guessing $100k. Goodluck.

6. leftcoast

leftcoast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called TW last week looking for the football game. The operator told me they didn't carry the NFL channel. I told her to tell her supervisor I'd be changing my service soon. I guess I helped to get it also. LOL

7. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best thing about being subscribed to DirecTV is, every year before football season starts up, I call them and tell them that I am cancelling my service because the only reason I subscribe to their service is the NFL package, but the NFL package is too expensive, so I am cancelling.

This usually gets me kicked up to a manager, and after about 5 minutes of discussion, I end up getting the NFL package for free.

Works every year.

TFK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.