1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Time - Vdara to Monorail

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by RedBeans04, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all. Planning a trip for Jan to LV. Spouse has a convention and their hotel is Paris. I might prefer staying at a place with a little nicer room (no offense to Paris).

Was thinking of Vdara. Will it be a total PITA for him to walk to the monorail (to the convention center) from Vdara?

We generally stay at Palazzo but they don't have any great rates right now. He doesn't mind the walk from Palazzo to Harrah's monorail.

We haven't been to LV in two years!

Thanks

J

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. skybank

skybank Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The walk would be a bit of a hike, to give you an idea Vdara is about as far back from the strip as the Spa tower of the B. So you would have to walk that far to the strip then cross over to the Ballys/Pairs stop to board the mono rail.

3. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm....thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if Trump wouldn't be better since it seems closer to the convention center. Of course looking at a map is sort of hard to tell.

We'll probably just end up at the V/P again but I was hoping to try someplace new.

J

4. HM7

HM7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM has some brand new room renovations and a MR station. You might checkout their website.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be easier to take the tram to Bellagio, then over the bridge to Bally's, then the Monorail instead of walking.

The Monorail IS convenient to the LVCC, but if your conference is in the North Halls, you might wanna go the the Monorail station at the LVH instead of the LVCC one.

6. skybank

skybank Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Trump is even further back from the strip, it is behind where the New Frontier use to sit.

As a poster above suggested I would have a look at the new rooms/suites at the MGM Grand or Wynn/Emcore.

7. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second this answer. I have done this from Aria and it was about a 15 minute walk, vs 25 minutes walking though city center, across to planet Ho, then cut through Paris.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need to clarify. There are a few "convention centers" in Vegas. Assume you mean the one next to Las Vegas Hilton, now called LVH. If so, getting from Vdara to the street and the the back of Paris/Ballys for the Mono across town.

As to taking the tram to Bellagio, I think not. Actually, the nearest stop for the City Center tram from Vdara is in the Bellagio.

9. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time I have ever used the monorail was when I stayed at MGM or Ballys(once)
    Even staying at those hotels where there are stops typically requires a long walk.
    For a few dollars more,stay where you want and cab to the convention center.

10. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're looking for something nicer than Paris, but closer to a mono stop, I agree with the posts about staying at the Grand. You could even go with the Signature towers, as I believe those are pretty close to the mono platform at MGM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.