1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Time to go tee it up

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Clear. 70. Nice wind off the Pacific.

It's time to play golf!!!

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played at Ala Wai yesterday. It was a Hawaiian holiday for us, Kamehameha day. It was awesome, not too busy because the old timers don't play because they would have to pay full price (on holidays) and many people don't take kam day off as a holiday. I got to the starter's office as a walk on and he said "check in" so I didn't have any wait to be in the hole. Just enough time to stretch and warm up and putt a few balls on the green.

My foursome was great also because we were all were around the same length (I was kind of intimidated last week with the 300+ yard hitters). Temp was in the 80's but there was a slight breeze, plus I went out before 7 am. Finished in about 4 hours though it was a little slow. One golfer was a real duffer, probably double bogey golfer but he looked sharp and had the latest equipment (including Cameron putter). I guess if you can't play well you can look good, lol (he was from asia so for many of them they want to look good).

I left a few putts out on the green but still shot 83. Probably could have broken 80 if a few went in. Since I'm more of a bogey golfer I consider it a great day, esp since I could hit the fairway woods about 80% of the time (I'm not a good fairway wood hitter).

Wish Ala Wai play was 4 hours and under all the time, unfortunately it is more like 4 1/2.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Man, this obsessive/compulsive golf is getting whacky. I parred five on the front and was eight over ... yep. The mess continued into the back and then I closed par, par, birdie, par.

STOOOOOOOPID game! lol

Highlight was an osprey working the lake on 15. That was mighty awesome. And getting around sub 3:30 with a beginner in the mix didn't suck, either.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.