1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

time to allow for travel and check in

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Robertintx, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying downtown and plan on riding the WAX bus to and from the airport.
    My return flight leaves at 12:20 PM..
    How much time should I allow to ride the bus, check my bag and go through security ?
    Also, flying SW I used the early bird check in so my boarding pass will be ready when I get to the airport.
    When I check my bag will they also print my boarding pass ?
    Thanks

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrive at the airport two hours before our flight, so check the WAX schedule. The WAX takes about 35-40 min to the airport. That might seem early to some, but we like having a drink, or two, in the airport before boarding.

On SWA, when we left in June, they made everybody check-in at the kiosks along the windows at McCarren, before we could get in the SWA line. Once in line, then you scanned the boarding pass that was just issued at the kiosk and went through the how many bags are you checking routine. Then they called us up to the counter to slap the luggage tag on. Our hotel (MSS) doesn't print boarding passes for free, I know Four Queens will print and also do the 24 hr check-in for free.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a smart phone or laptop, just be sure to check-in 24 hours prior to your departure time. I then drop off my luggage with the sky caps outside and have them print my boarding pass as I'm already checked in and drop them a buck or two in the tip jar.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.