1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tiger hangs 'em up for the year

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Either Steinberg or Foley finally got to the guy, maybe the docs leaning on both? Sure, sure, there was all the chatter of the PGA and the Cup, but he shoulda done it earlier, like no play after the back surgery. He couldn't catch Jack this year but he certainly could've ensured that he never would.

Now he needs to ask Phil if it's OK to call Butch.

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah this was the right call. Step back, heal up, fix what he needs to fix and get back after it next year.

3. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The question is should, or would Harmon take him back? He presumably doesn't need the money or even the prestige if by some chance Tiger returned to his former form. I believe their parting was not on good terms, correct? At Tigers age one would think he should just stick to a swing for the duration.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I've never talked to Butch about Tiger, but I think they could find a way to make it work quite handily if they wanted to. Now Hank and Tiger? No way.

Switching swings is not a problem for Tiger. The problem is he still has a very violent, torque-loaded swing that really impacts the two places he's most vulnerable, back and knees.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you place any credence into the opinions shared by some that his bulking up has cost him mechanically?

6. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tiger is the only reason I EVER paid attention to golf...........I have no dog in the fight so I don't know a thing about his style but he sure as hell is an elite athlete. My apologies to ken2V, I never really watched golf and then he finished a tournament with a snapped achilles or a broken knee or something and I was all over it.

I'm 58 so I know the names of the greats, but Tiger is the guy that grabbed my attention to pay attention to. I watch golf on and off now, but when he makes the cut I make time on Sunday to watch. Sort of my sports teevee guilty pleasure.

7. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

There are golf fans and Tiger fans. Some of the Tiger fans may morph into golf fans or else become Rory fans. I am surprised we haven't had any expert ANAL-ysis from those who said he was faking at the PGA. Anyway, it makes it easier for Watson to round out his team- not that he would have considered Tiger, but he'll take a lot less flak for his eventual selections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.