1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tier credit question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by whosdex, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whosdex

whosdex Tourist

Now normally I do not care what kind of tier credits I rack up when on vaction in Vegas but because of the Oct 1st deadline for MLIFE I'm wondering if someone could tell me theoretically how much play is required to hit Platinum. I am currently Gold and I am 32585 points away. I arrive on the 28th and I am staying untiil the 2nd of Oct.

Thanks

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get 5 TCs for each $1 through on a standard slot machine... so that is 32,585/5 = $6,517 played through for you to reach platinum from where you are now.

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you staying at an MGM property? When you check in, make sure you present your Gold card at check in and ask them to put it on the reservation. You get 25 MLife Tier credits for every dollar spent in lodging and food at MGM resorts in Vegas, so that would boost your tier credits considerably.

Also, there is a promotion through a third party company called Top Guest that lets you get 500 free MLife Tier Credits per day (this ends in November) just for "checking in" on Facebook, Foursquare, Instagram etc at an MGM property. You just have to link your facebook or other account to the topsquare site.

There is a limit of 7500 Tier credits that you are allowed to accumulate. I was just in Vegas for 11 days and as I was staying at VDara, each day I just "checked in" on Facebook and at the end of my stay I had 6,000 additional Tier Credits (luckily I had a whole lot more than that and was able to make Platinum before the October madness begins. If you are there for 5 days you will get 2500 extra tier credits just for checking in every day you are there.

Here is a link to the Top Square promotion for MLife:

https://www.topguest.com/mlife

* By the way, each night's Tier Credits for room charges post the next day, so if you are staying at an MGM property and are not comped, the 25 tier credits for each day up to October 1st should post while you are earning additional tier credits through play.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's your game of choice?

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At 25 points per $1 spent, depending on what hotel you're staying at and what your rate is, that might get you most of the way there before you even start gambling. My last trip, my first in about a year, I stayed at Bellagio and ate at Picasso (plus a few other moderately nice dinners), and blew all the way through Pearl and about halfway from Gold to Platinum from a combination of my hotel spend and my time at the craps table.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.