1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tickets 4 Tonight

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Nurse11, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nurse11

Nurse11 Newbie

Hello,

Has anyone purchased tickets for a show by Tickets 4 Tonight? If so, please let me know what you think and the details behind it. My fiance and I are heading into Vegas this wednesday and want to hit up a show either wednesday or thursday. Thanks!

2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I have, many times. It's a bit of a pain but worth the savings depending on what you want to see. They don't sell you a ticket. What they sell you is a ticket voucher and then you have to make your way to the venue to exchange it for a real ticket.

Do this early to get the best seat. Many of the vouchers are for general admission seating and your seat is assigned at the door (comedy clubs, hypnotists, etc). The doorman will know this and seat you way in back with an obstructed view anyway.
    , unless you slip him a $20. Then you are at full price and should have purchased it at the venue in the first place...

Production shows generally will allow them to assign a seat when you purchase the voucher. However, if you show up 30 minutes before the show to do this exchange the line may be so long that the show will start without you.

Avoid at all costs Vegas.com tickets and rooms. They screwed me over twice and I think others have had similar experience.

Have fun! Nineteen days for me and I'll be back.

3. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Many times as well. You buy a voucher as described above and then have to go to the show's box office to exchange it for an assigned seat (the actual ticket). Best to do it earlier in the day. Lineups can be long. My little secret is the Coke bottle location. Tix 4 Tonight has a stand a few feet down the street on the sidewalk. Most go there since its most visible, but just a few feet down is another location in the Coke bottle near MGM with far less people.

Check their website out and call their 1-800 number for a list of current shows. Not guaranteed to have the same shows everyday but most do overlap. It's a legit ticket broker.

Some shows sell out so go early in the day if possible, like when they first open...even earlier to beat the line. If you're dead set on seeing a show, just buy direct from the box office today to guarantee your seats. Better to spend $20-30 more than be disappointed later.

4. Nurse11

Nurse11 Newbie

Thank you for all the information. It has helped a lot!

5. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The long lines are almost always when they open up at 9 or 10 (forget which). If you're willing to wait until the afternoon and are flexible on show selection, the lines are much shorter or nonexistent. I've used T4T each time my last few trips, and the wait has never exceeded 5-10 min. The drawback is some choices are gone by then, or are only for the next day.

It was already mentioned, but they're now selling tickets with seating already assigned, eliminating the need to exchange at the box office. They're clear about that when you purchase. If you plan on using T4T the following day, they'll give you a line jump voucher too.

6. bobby jones

bobby jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also curious about their restaurants. Two of the restaurants I am looking at next week are on the list (Spago and Postrio). Seems like a no brainer to book through them.

7. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used Tix4 a lot and always find their personnel to be very friendly and well trained. They can speak to just about every show and give fairly honest feedback about the shows and love to talk about them. Personally, I would get frustrated telling the same story about Love to all the tourists but the people that work there are never short with you and take a lot of time to explain things.

8. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

I've only used the dinner discount once a few years ago but it was clear then it's meant to drum up business during off peak hours. I think you make reservations at the time of ticket purchase and it was only something like 5pm (opening time) or after 9pm. May work out for your individual planning preferences but assume you won't be able to book a 6 or 7 or 8pm reservation. Otherwise, a good deal especially if you're already going.

9. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used it a few times on different buffets, so I can't speak on higher end places with reservations, but you'll save a tiny bit. It cost me maybe $2 to save $5-7 on the list rate. Not worth your time in line just for a dinner, but you might as well if you're already getting show tickets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.