1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ticket out not correct value?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Ty, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday my wife and I were playing in the Fremont/Downtown area. My wife cashed out on a slot machine, she thought she had around $60 in the machine. When you put her ticket in the next machine she realized the ticket was for 10 cents. She didn't know what to do so she did nothing.

Has anyone heard of getting the wrong value on a ticket out?

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  2. MTMONGO

MTMONGO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a machine tech this is what I have to say. First off she should have went back to that machine and seen if she had missed a ticket. Second always look at a TITO before you leave the machine or cash it. If you think it is the wrong amount call for an attendant, they can have a tech come and verify it. Hate to say it but most of time (99%) its a mistake on the players part.

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:

So you have heard of getting the wrong ticket value (1%). How does it happen?

Please explain, "she should have went back to that machine and seen if she had missed a ticket".

Thanks,
    Tye

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  4. Beefcake

Beefcake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never heard of getting the wrong payout on a ticket.

Just a guess as to what may have happened, but maybe the person at the machine before her cashed out .10 and the ticket got stuck in the machine. That happens sometimes. Being only .10 maybe they just left. Then when your wife cashed out, her ticket pushed the .10 one out first and she just took it and left before seeing hers come out behind it. Usually the machines make a loud beep if a ticket gets stuck but not always. Just speculation.

Like I said I never received the wrong payout but have on occasion received a printed ticket that couldn't be cashed. Usually the bar code gets messed up or their computers don't update or something. I've had to get a slot tech to come back with me to the issuing machine and confirm the payment from the machines records a couple times.

5. MTMONGO

MTMONGO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it does happen. If she was playing a machine with the coin tray, maybe the last player just left the .10 ticket in the tray and she grabbed it leaving the $60 ticket in the ticket slot. You still should have called for an attendant to verify both machines.

6. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She could have gone to an older quarter machine and inserted her original TITO for lets say $60.35. Some of these older machines will spit out a TITO for the remaining non-quarter divisible amount which would be 10 cents before you even play. So now there's a TITO sticking out for ten cents and she goes about playing and not realizing it.
    After playing, she hits the cashout button, grabs her TITO (the ten cent one) and her players card and walks away. The other $60 TITO is hanging out of the machine at this point.
    Some machines (most of them) will leave the extra 10 cents in the machine and you will get it later when you cash out.

On the other hand, what happened to your wife did happen to my dad. He had almost $40 in a machine, and it gave him a TITO for seventeen cents. He noticed it and hit the service button. A slot tech came over and verified what had happened. The problem was taken care of.

Have you ever noticed that most machines give you a message that states to verify the TITO amount before you leave? I always do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.