1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TI trip report April 23 - 27th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by lizzyj, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizzyj

lizzyj Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Left DTW on 8:44 a.m. flight on time and good weather. Arrived in Las Vegas ahead of time by a half an hour to 95 degree weather , sunny and beautiful. Cabbed to TI with an extremely talkative driver and even though we requested no tunnel, he still long hauled us around to TI. It seems you are pretty much at their mercy and if you tell them to take a particular route, they say that there is construction there and it is down to one lane yata yata yata and since you really don’t know, they have their way.
    Got a room on the 36th floor without the $20 trick and it is the only floor that you have to insert your room key in a slot in the elevator to get the elevator to stop at that floor. View was of the mountains and the lights were quite pretty at night. It wasn’t a suite but the ceiling was about 12 ft high and everything was clean and nice. Went down for breakfast at the coffee shop and had the standard breakfast (eggs, bacon, hash browns, coffee ) to the tune of $46.00 for 2 including tip.! Seemed excessive to me. Found our favorite bartender at the Breeze Bar and caught up on everything that had happened since we saw him last 6 months ago. Played some video poker at the bar and we both hit several 4ok’s to start our trip off on a good note. Spent most of the day at TI at the bar drinking Caronas and Lemon Drops and playing video poker. The hours flew by and before we knew it , it was time for a late dinner and since we were tired from travel, we called it a day. End of day : me up $128.00 Husband down $400.
    . Next morning after breakfast , this time at Kahunnaville with a coupon (2 for $12) breakfast (same eggs, bacon, hash browns), coffee with tip about 20.00. My husband had $100 free play loaded on his card, which was part of our offer from TI for 2 comped nights, and we picked out a blazing 7’s slot machine to put it thru. He added a $20 to get it started and hit the 7’s for 450 and cashed out at 470. He then proceeded to the bar for some video poker and hit several 4ok’s quickly for a cash out of over $600. Yeahhhh up 1000 and the day has just started. We tramed over to Mirage played there for awhile breaking about even and then on to Caesars, Paris, Bally’s, Bills, Flamingo. We had breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi and it was excellent and highly recommended. I played video poker at the bar at Paris and on my last 1.25 hand hit 4 queens. Not a huge payoff but for a 20 bill buy in, not bad! Played video poker at both bars at Bally’s along with some keno. No luck on the keno, but did hit another 4ok at the bar. Then on to Bills where we caught the last part of Big Elvis’s act. Walked into Flamingo and put a 20 into the bar video poker and first hand was 4 Jacks! Never had that happen before. We had amazing luck with video poker this trip. The best ever. During the course of the stay, I was delt a straight flush, and he was delt 4 3’s and 5 minutes later I was delt 4 6’s. Unbelieveable! I am still chasing the elusive royal. I hit everything but the royal this trip .Wednesday we planned to go downtown but ended up staying at TI all day. I sat at the bar at TI while my husband was on a slot for about 4 hours, and I put in a hundy and started playing, losing, and moving down a seat or two, and winning a little and moving again but eventually the hundy was gone. I had been drinking Lemon drops and was feeling no pain by that time and I was aggravated that the money was gone, so I grudging put in another 20 after moving again, and within 4 hands hit 4 Aces and a kicker!!!! 516.00 !!!! a few hands later 4 jacks popped up! I was so happy I immediately sobered up. I had read trip reports like this where people were getting one 4ok after another, but it had never happened to me. . Thursday was for sure downtown day and on our way out the door to catch a cab, my husband said, let’s stop at the bar for a drink, where he proceeded to win 1100 on the dollar video poker.Sweet! Downtown I pretty much broke even, played a little black jack and some slots, but my husband lost a substantial amount down there but still up for the trip. We had lunch/dinner at the sports bar in Main Street Station and would go there again. All in all, we brought back all our money plus some. What a great trip. TI was good! Video poker was great! Cabbies not so much. Slots were not good for me and other than that free play hit for my husband, I don’t think he did much on slots either, although he did play on one triple diamond machine for 4 hours before it took his money. Hope to go back in the fall. Played the Lion’s Share at MGM and had it up to 169.00 but we could not walk away and it eventally took it all back. 

2. Barney

Barney Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! I was at TI on the 23rd. Spent some time in the lounge part of the Breeze Bar that night. Did you try Isla? Had dinner there that night and I will certainly be back. Sounds like a good trip. Great to hear someone out there had some luck. I really like TI, but she has beat me up the last two visits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.