TI - Treasure Island

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread is to discuss the $20 Trick at Treasure Island/TI.

2. sseknichols

sseknichols Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used the $20 last July at TI and was upgraded to a Panoramic View Room. Nice room.

3. gtrthang

gtrthang Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried it yesterday at ti for a 5 night trip. She tried to get me an upgrade to a suite but none were available. Did end up on the 35th floor near the end of the hall (like I wanted) . The Internet is free too.

4. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice score!

5. CPVegas

CPVegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in on a Wednesday for a one night stay. I never saw the $20 after handing over my card and ID. I still have no idea how the agent hid it so quickly.

Results - resort fee waived, upgraded to a strip view on a high floor, free bottle of champagne. Overall very pleased with the result.

6. DCLogs

DCLogs Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back. Tue thru Sat.
    Guy said thank you for taking care of me and gave us strip and pool panoramic view room 28 floor. Bottle of bubbly. Did not get our resort fees waved.
    I was very happy with the room. Great views.

7. Scott N

Scott N Newbie

Stayed Fri-Sun got upgraded to a panoramic view on 25th floor, waived $40 early check in at 11:30, and a bottle of champagne.

8. vegasnutt

vegasnutt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed 4 nights here in January 2016. The $20 got me upgraded to a corner unit that has windows on two walls. Although not a category upgrade such as to a suite, this room was definitely upgraded in terms of its view and size. At night, while lying in bed with the window shades open, one window had "Wynn" and the other had "Palazzo" staring me in the face. It was great.

9. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be giving it a try for our first time at TI. We've been very successful at all of the other resorts we've been too. We usually ask for a high room with a good view (changing depending on the hotel), and also a mini fridge and try for a resort-fee wave. The latter is usually turned down with only a few successes. This time, since TI already comes with fridges, we will be hoping for a higher room (or room upgrade) on the west tower facing south. I hear this is the best view on the Strip! If I have anymore wiggle room, I may kindly ask for maybe a comp buffet pass or two, but we'll see how the vibe is. It's all about striking up a fun and happy vibe.

10. bsmithy2k

bsmithy2k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did it October 1st for $20. Because there were 3 of us we needed the two queen beds so I new from the start not to ask for a suite upgrade because those are all king bed only.

We got high floor (32nd) with a south view, close to elevator, extra discount coupons, and a split of champagne from room service. 1st timer that was with us loved the view, wife loved the short walk to elevator, and I liked everyone being happy.

We were with another couple and our clerk asked us if we would like them next to us, but they needed a handicap accessible room, so they got a lower floor.