1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thrifty Rental Review May 2014

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by skybank, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skybank

skybank Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from LV and used Thrifty once again so here is my review which will hopefully answer a lot of questions.

Reservation was online with the Southwest discount the total $167 for Sunday morning to Friday evening.

Car reserved was a Dodge Avenger and that is what I received, it had 24K miles on it, but over all it was in nice condition. I believe it was a 2014, but not sure, and it had New Mexico tags. The bright yellow tags were easy to find in the various parking garages!

I am a Blue Chip member, so I headed directly to the garage to pick up the car. There was a small clinch here as my name was not on the reservation monitor.
    Usually you just find your name and it directs you to the numbered space that has your car waiting.
    For some reason my reservation had not feed from their system to the monitor, I gave the lady my res number and she found it then printed my paperwork and directed me to the car. Did the walk around and then out to the check out and on the road.

Return was easy just pulled into the Thrifty part of the garage the attendant was waiting and printed my receipt.

Overall the service at Thrifty has been good for all the times I have used them. I would highly suggest that if you rent with them to get the Blue Chip card. It saves a lot of time and since it's free you have nothing to lose!

2. ihatesnow

ihatesnow Tourist

Thanks for the review. Sounds like Blue Chip is the way to go to avoid waiting in line.

3. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know. I have them booked for the first time on my next trip. I like the idea of picking the car up right in the ramp also. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.