1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thrifty rent a car?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by trellaine, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trellaine

trellaine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Thrifty have some sort of bypass the line option ?

Thanks

2. DrLect

DrLect Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They used to have a program called Blue Chip that allowed members to select a vehicle and check out directly. I don't know if it still exists as it has been a few years since I have rented from them.

New Year's Eve Dinner
  3. trellaine

trellaine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm tried calling but there closed. But reading on their site it sounds to me there might be a separate line for blue chip but who knows once you get there. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks. Or I'll call to get clarification. I lived Alamo last time. It was so quick and painless. Skipped the line and off I went. Thrifty this time because so much cheaper.

4. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I usually use thrifty but my last two trips I found better rates elsewhere. When I was there last June I was able to bypass the counter. As long as you sign up for blue chip you can go right to the garage and there is a board that tells you what spot your car is in. Very fast and easy!

I do know one time my flight was late into SLC and their garage desk was closed (after 11pm), and I had to wait for the counter. Not sure if the garage option in Vegas is available 24/7 or not.

5. trellaine

trellaine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ohhh great to know. Thanks!

It doesn't say bypass the counter? Step up to the special Blue Chip Members Only line and feel like a VIP every time you rent from us. You'll be in and out faster so you can get on the road.

6. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always rent from thrifty when flying into McCarran. Blue chip is great, go straight to the garage, and you will often get an upgrade. Thrifty cars are often a year or two older than some other brands, but they already have scratched bumpers so they don't even check if you have added your own. The McCarran airport specials at thrifty.com are usually hard to beat.
    http://zzdouggo.blogspot.com/2014/06/low-rolling-winning-in-vegas-for-not.html

7. trellaine

trellaine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh lol that's why it's cheaper. Hope mine has wheels and brakes ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.