1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thrifty Late Charge Per Hour?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Kickin, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I looked at a Thrifty rental for a Fri-Tues, there is a very good Hot Deal for an Avenger for just $90 after all fees if I do 4 days exact. Problem is I would want to pick it up around 1pm Friday and drop off at 8pm Tuesday, if I put on those times it charges me almost double because it uses a weekly rate. Even though its only a 7 hour difference. I can do up to 2 hours difference where it just shows around $2 per hour, but more than 2 hours triggers the weekly rate.

So if I were to drop it off 5-6 hours late instead of booking for those times what would the charge be? Their terms say it would be by the hour up to the applicable daily rate, but no mention of what that daily rate is. Is it the hot deal rate?

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cant you check with the added time online?

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That was the first thing I tried but adding more than 2 hours switches it to a weekly rate instead of the daily rate. So for 4 days + a few hours I'd be paying for a full week which was about double the rate for just 4 days.

I can call them and discuss but was wondering if someone here knew. I don't need a car there but at that hot deal rate I figured its just a super cheap option to have.

4. smerrian

smerrian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why don't you call the company and ask if you're late with the car do they charge you…let them give you the rundown of charges.
    then post what they said! :peace:

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Just did this. I wanted to avoid it because I figured I'd be on permahold but I actually got someone right away.

He said if the rental is 3 hours or more late they will charge for a full day + $15.99. The full day rate would be whatever rate I was paying on my reservation.

The reason 4 days + 5 hours counts as a weekly rental (and thus the rate switches to a weekly rate) is because anything over 3 hours counts as an extra day. So its the same as a 5-day rental which they consider a weekly rental.

6. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a similar scenario. I'm considering breaking the rental up in two chunks because of the cost. I'd have to roll to the car rental facility to swap out, but it's like a $50 difference. Trying to decide if the difference is worth the trade off.

7. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might try back to back rezzies, and then when you check in for First one, ASK if they can combine, and save you a trip back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.