1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thoughts, Oct. 14th-21st

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Mgilmore, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never tried this before, but I thought about taking the WAX from the airport to the strip (we are staying at Monte Carlo). Would it be too much of a walk from the bus stop on the strip to our hotel??? I also want to catch the WAX from that same bus stop to downtown (staying at the Golden Nugget). Then finally, taking the WAX from downtown to the airport. Thoughts about how much we will have to walk pulling our luggage with us (We will have two carry on, and one checked bag all on rollers of course.). Thanks for any advice. :beer:

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess is from bus stop on Trop next to NY NY to MC 10-12 min walk. You will be walking down LV Blvd, so it depends on crowds. Idiots who stop in the middle of the sidewalk etc.

Christmas
  3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks on google maps to be about 2000 feet....from Tropicana and LVB....however long that takes to navigate. It probably WOULD take Joe 10-12 minutes as he is usually lugging all the video poker monies in the roller bag behind him which causes traffic congestion in and of itself.

Still another reason they should reintroduce the 500 $ and 1,000 $ bills into circulation.

The sidewalk on that side of the strip is particularly wide in that section of the LVB so it should be fairly simple to conquer.

- - - Updated - - -

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
  4. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, thanks. I think I will give it a try.

5. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIRC, the actual bus stop is maybe 1/2 block west of LVBlvd, on Trop, so I was factoring that in to my guesstimate.

Actually, I would be hauling my wife's winnings in that roller bag.:evillaugh She's had 4 Royals in two trips so far this year and 3 more trips to go in 2014,

Christmas
  7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was trying to be nice Joe......I said "lugging all the video poker monies" trying to save the obvious possession issue. Unfortunately it is the same situation winning and losing for me in my household as well....but life is good.....

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
  8. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you don't mind a small walk you should be fine. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it were me personally. Save that money for gambling!

9. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I don't know....I'll play devil's advocate here. Is it really worth the hassle of lugging 2 carryons and 1 checked bad (rollers or not) down the Strip just to save what?......about the $18 it would cost both of you to take a shuttle from McCarran to Monte Carlo?

10. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. Or a $20 cab ride which includes a tip. If there are two of you, it would definitely be worth the $10 to have the cab pull right up to the MC check-in IMO.

11. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still think I might try the WAX. I've never rode the WAX before, and since I would like to take it downtown when we stay there and also to the airport on the 21st, I might just make this a trial run. Thanks for the help.

12. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will help if you can strap your carryons to the roller suitcase. Then everything rolls.
    I actually take the largest roller bag possible on the airplane, packed only about half full (under 50 pounds) and then put my carry ons from the plane in the space after I arrive. This gives me just one piece of luggage to negotiate on and off the bus. The larger wheel base of the larger bag actually makes it much easier to pull from place to place with none of that wrist twisting that occurs with narrower bags, and crowds are less of a problem because they see I am a big bagged boy and go around me. The WAX is built to accommodate luggage.
    I go everywhere in Vegas on the buses. The WAX is the easiest for luggage. Their schedule is sometimes an issue so watch times carefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.