1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

This Comp is Crazy... Wynn/Encore

Discussion in 'Comps' started by luckylarry, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckylarry

luckylarry Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went into the Wynn 3 years ago to get the 2 comp buffets after 50 credits on a slot machine. Won a little and got the 2 free buffets for a total of about a half hour play. Not sure why but out of the blue today got an offer to stay for 3 nights, with upgrade to Encore King, 300 in gaming credits and 2 free buffets any time from May to early September (Monday to Thursday). Got on the phone and gave my card # and offer code and boom...booked for early September in an Encore room. It just doesn't seem right given my play but I have a confirmation # so pretty sure it's all legit. Anyone else experience this kind of undeserving comp or can comment on why I got this type of offer? :beer:

2. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I still get mailers for my Mom with these types of offers, and she passed away 3 years ago...................

3. travelling_greg

travelling_greg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Afternoon. Just curious...does the Wynn still have similar incentives for signing up with their slot club? Can new members still sign up, and earn X number of points and then obtain comped buffet passes? Thanks for the info everyone.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

They are "fishing." You haven't been there in a long time, they don't think they have a good read on your "real" play level since you were only there once. It doesn't cost them much to bring you in midweek, midsummer. Certain marketing departments throw stuff out like this once in a while (Not CET, not MGM.)

5. bacclover

bacclover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i find that offers for rare visitors are always better than frequent and periodic ones

but you have to be REALLY rare to receive these ... the moment their computers establish your play history, your offers will drop down to your actual play level

6. ccs92

ccs92 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its normal for myself to get them offers for no reason

7. OnTheHorizon

OnTheHorizon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A guy at work gets offers from the Wynn all the time and he only played there a few times with minimal amounts. I know - crazy.

8. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I apparently have a Red Card number. I must have signed up online at some point. I don't think I've ever played there. And if I had, it was a very, very small amount (I usually only gamble a few hundred dollars).

I received a pretty decent offer (for a no-roller like me): 2 nites @ 299 (10 off per nite if booked online), 2 tix to Le Reve, and buffet (bfast or lunch) for 2; good through the end of the year with a few blackouts

I may very well take them up on this offer for a likely trip in November (all nights are $139 at this point in Nov, including weekends). Plus I can invite friends--would work out great because this would be a group trip.

9. Fafa2e

Fafa2e Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received three nights comped with $45 of match play at V/P based on limited action in November 2012. I took them up on the offer in March 2013. I played my normal levels $25 BJ with a moderate progression, but I had a losing trip which limited the amount I could gamble on my budget.

I received the same three free nights offer for May, but the latest offer for June is only offering reduced rate ($99 Sun-Thurs; $169 Fri & Sat or something close to that and $60 in Match Play). I am planning a trip in August and hoping I will get some better summer offers.

Bonus Money to Burn
  10. npro1464

npro1464 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much play does it take to get attention from the Wynn? Say I play slots and/or vp? I haven't been to LV in 2 years and absolutely love this place. Any kind of free room offer would cause me to drop whatever I'm doing and make a trip out of it.

11. luckylarry

luckylarry Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I have no idea. As I said I played a slot for half an hour and got this offer.

12. luckylarry

luckylarry Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was playing $2.50 (max credits per push) so maybe that's why?

13. dodgenburn

dodgenburn Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother who never gambled in his life, got a mailer from Wynn last month.

14. Burt

Burt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience a lengthy mid range slot session of $1000 real money in one day loss will get you some offers.

15. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a similar offer. Played there back in January and dropped about $100 in the slots. It took me about 2 or 3 hours, betting anywhere from 80 cents to a buck fifty a spin to do so. The machines were hot!

Then went back last month and literally dropped about $200 in 2 hours. Mostly playing dollar machines at a buck a pull and a some buffalo at 80 cents or $1.20 a spin.

So that's what it took for me, a slot player. My similar offer had me pay a reduced rate for the room, but the freeplay and buffet passes almost cover the cost (just $18 shy of free).

HTH

16. Nondo

Nondo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same offer. Went last year to Vegas for work and stopped into the Wynn because my buddy wanted to drink Macallan comped while playing BJ. I signed up for a card and dropped $200 into the slots which earned me a new player spin. I won $30 in spin credits and actually hit one for $300 on the way out.

Now I'm staying 3 nights at the Encore for the 4th of July and can't wait to go back.

17. gpburdell

gpburdell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been getting that same offer every month for the past couple years. I've only played at Wynn once as well. It was for only an hour or less on a Star Trek slots machine. I won almost 2k and I guess that's why I got on their radar.

18. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and Steve is banking that you'll lose 10x that much this trip and he's likely correct.

19. OhioGuy

OhioGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like a few hours at Wynn or Encore would be a good investment.

20. greaseball

greaseball Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got the same offer. I had asked why we would get this as we have played there maybe an hour in February and about the same in April. Our response was we have been placed on their promotion offers list and "value our play". Gambled less than $150 and walked out with a tad bit more. Maybe Mr. Wynn wants his money back!!!! LOL Needless to say we are booked in for June 4-6th. We'll see after that how much of a valued customer we are. Can't get better than free!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.