1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Vegas Weekend Redefined

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by CosmoM, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CosmoM

CosmoM Low-Roller

Sep 30, 2010
    Southern California
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I travel to Vegas pretty often from Southern California I've been actively looking at transportation options. One of the better options is to avoid traveling during the most popular times.

So often my Vegas weekend is best defined as Saturday to Monday, instead of Friday to Sunday.

There are problems with some Vegas properties that will not allow a Saturday check-in, but Hotwire is one way around that problem. And I get the Sunday rate which is one of the lowest rates available.

If you get to Vegas around 1PM or so, you can still enjoy some Saturday pool time before check-in.

What this means if I drive is, no heavy traffic to and from Vegas, and as long as I leave very early Monday morning I can get into work at a reasonable hour.

What this means if I fly is, significantly reduced airfare from the typical $250 or more round trip, to anywhere from $90 to $170 round trip.

Next I'm going to see how much it costs to rent a Cessna for the weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.