1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Senior Moment Trip - Live In LV

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jasonargo, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Flew in Thurs AM, flight was a bit bumpy early on but smooth landing. Got rental car, had to choose a 2nd one because the brakes squeaked pretty badly.

Stopped at MGM to pick up KA tickets but the box office was closed until 10 AM, so we cooled out for like 20 minutes. Checked out the Lions Share, still ticking at 2.3 Mil, but we didn't play it.

Next stop Orleans for Lady Friend to run a promo, then to Ellis Island. New rule for entering the senior drawing, in addition to earning 20 points you now have to register at the players club desk then sign in at the kiosk. As a result we got shut out of the noon drawing by a couple minutes. We got pizza & played some 7/5 nickel Bonus vp, didn't win the 1 PM drawing, and moved on.

Checked in at the Riv, was perfect timing as an hour later there were like 50 people in line. Monte Carlo tower smoking room away from the pool. Has a frig but no coffee maker.

1st senior moment was LF's, she lost a 6 ft long USB cable, so after searching the car & luggage I took a trip to Radio Shack to replace it. Moment #2 I left the valet ticket in the room. Luckily the guy remembered me to save me an extra trip back up. Rested up a bit then we saw KA at MGM. Very good, LF was impressed, though we both nodded off a bit due to the long travel day. I liked it better than Love, but it did drag a couple times. Now that I have seen 2 Cirq shows I think I'm about done.

After the show we went downtown to do the Breeders Cup promo at Golden Gate, then stopped at the Boar for a short vp session.

Senior moment #3 I left something at MSS, called security but it wasn't turned in, so I had to drive back to find it luckily right where I left it.

By this time it's almost 3AM, so we have been up like 24 hours. We are hungry but it's really too late. Amazing how many things we planned to do but ran out of time.

Today we made a good decision & came to the Palms for the horse races. Comfy chairs, & not very crowded. Had the ham & eggs special at the cafe for $5.99. They no longer have a daytime steak & eggs special but they do have one starting at 10 PM. Tomorrow we are going to Orleans for the races, they have an upstairs ballroom open. I'm getting my butt kicked so far, only one place ticket cashed in 4 races. Another senior moment I got LF her free slot play promo but never bought one for me.

No quads so far. Headed back downtown later to hit the Gate, have some dinner, then who knows?

-

2. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!!!!

I know how you feel...
    BC is the toughest to capp....
    Stop by the Alligator Bar, they have 8/5 BP at .25, .50, and $1.
    Tell Hank Bruce said "Hey Now!"

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
    Hey Now! 6 days in Biloxi....plus early Mardi Gras Parades!!!
  3. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1st quads last night, LF hit 5s & I got queens at the Boar, $2 scratcher.

Hit the exacta on the distaff to end the raceday yesterday, but still lost overall. At the Orleans ballroom now for today's races. No free liquor but free coffee & pastries plus tickets for free hot dogs & beers.

No big wins or losses, down a couple hundred for the trip.

More to come.

-

4. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well Flickr is down so no photos. Got killed again at the races despite hitting the final exacta. The euro beat me out of my trifecta.

We won a share of the Golden Gate promo, but there were over a hundred tickets so our share of $10k is $87 in freeplay. Still this gives us quite a bit to use tomorrow night during the NFL game.

Didn't win the drawing at Riviera tonight, & since we didn't get much sleep last night we are zonking fairly early, especially with the DST change.

We did play some 8/5 Bonus at Circus Circus, & both hit multiple quads. VP Free showed it should be a progressive bank but the prog was shut off.

We also ate at Wicked Vickys (formerly Queen Victoria's). They have a special during football games $15 for 15 wings & a pitcher of beer, with many fine selections including Hop City Barking Squirrel. We actually ordered Batch 19, but had to get a taste of the Squirrel just to satisfy our curiosity. It was smooth & less hoppy than I expected.

Tomorrow is promo chasing then downtown for the day & evening.

-

5. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Royal flush alert! Lady Friend just hit her 1st ever natural royal on DBDW at Gold Coast! She is ecstatic & I am very happy for her.

Now it's my damn turn.

-

6. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!

that's awesome, especially on DBDW...
    Tell her congrats- now it's your turn!

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
    Hey Now! 6 days in Biloxi....plus early Mardi Gras Parades!!!
  7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better get busy pushing them buttons!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.