1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Official "Best" Las Vegas Steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by NickPapageorgio, Dec 16, 2014.

?

Best Las Vegas Steakhouse

Poll closed Jan 15, 2015.
  1. SW

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Prime

7 vote(s)
    8.4%
  3. Delmonico

8 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. Carnevino

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. Jean-Georges

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Charlie Palmer Steak

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. N9ne

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  8. Botero

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  10. Other

33 vote(s)
    39.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This poll will attempt to decide the champion of the big boys.... the best steakhouse. Vote for your favorite, not based on the best value, or the best by price, or what if this or what if that, but simply the best steakhouse you've been to in Las Vegas. If you haven't been to any of the steakhouses mentioned on this list, please refrain from voting. I too like the Redwood Grill, but it's just not in the same league as the big boys.

For me it's easy.... Prime at Bellagio. They serve a fantastic ribeye, and that's all it takes to win me over. I am a caveman.

Nick:beer:

2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a lot of great steakhouses missing but not including Cut who is pretty much a top 3 in any way you look at it. Also heads and shoulders above Prime makes this voting poll pretty weak.

3. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is difficult to fit everything into only 10 choices. I agree that Cut should be on there, but I strongly disagree that Cut is "heads and shoulders" above Prime. No way man, no way. I've had both, and while Cut is great, at that level, can you really be that far ahead of the competition? Prime is undoubtedly one of the best in Vegas.

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont get me wrong i think Prime is good just not outstanding. Prime and N9ne used to be my favorite steakhouse in town like 10 years ago but know i think there are better options.

5. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed on N9ne. Strip House was also one of my faves, but after a recent visit, I couldn't believe how the mighty have fallen.... It was just plain bad.

Del Frisco's Double Eagle and Old Homestead deserve to be on the poll as well. It's difficult to get it down to 10, but I think most of the top choices are on there.

6. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about Ramsey? I heard good things and was suppose to go on my last trip but did STK and SW instead.

7. PayTriple

PayTriple The Cucumber King

Trips to Las Vegas:

We had a terrible experience at Ramsey's with slow service and gristly steaks over this Halloween, as I reported in my TR.

8. TXactuarial

TXactuarial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe those weren't steaks, oooooooooooooo spookyyyyyyyyy

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve yet to try JG, Charlie Palmer or N9ne (nor will I ever – just spelling it out makes me feel like a ******). As far as the others on the list – you’ll not hear me turn down an invite to any of them. They’re all top notch in my book. But I think when Carnevino is on top of its game, it’s the best in town. At least the best that I’ve had.

10. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I voted other for Heritage Steak. I have had 2 great meals there

11. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico gets our vote, although SW and Cut are right behind.

12. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's face it... steaks are not hard to cook and they pretty much have the same formula for cooking the steaks. You could say the difference is in the quality of meat, but they all source high-quality meats.

The things that distinguishes one steakhouse from another are the atmosphere, service, and other foods... apps, sides, and desserts.

I've only really been to SW and the service was not up to snuff but the atmosphere and other foods were great.

13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

So well stated. :thumbsup: And what comes of the comparo when you get people with rare at one end and butterflied and cooked through on the other? Or filet v. ribsteak?

We both love a great hunk o' cow, but with that we don't often order a primal cut when going out. And it's not because we can prepare it "just as well at home" because ain't a lot of us who can do that because we simply don't have the heat capability. But, damn, when you do get a just-so steak, it is pretty compelling.

14. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I've found that usually people tend to order the same cut and cook every time and therefore the comparison remains the same for the individual for their preferences.

Though it obviously muddles the comparison a bit when you choose a rib eye at one steakhouse and a filet at another and deem the steakhouse with the rib eye the best because you prefer rib eye. Not a fair comparison at all.

15. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

And rare is the place, in my experiences, that truly gets rare.

I tend to bounce around the cow, but agree that folks as a whole head to the same cut with regularity. Then you have to factor in our ability to remember and compare across experiences, how we feel and taste day to day, the paired wine and how that changes things. I love it! Like college football, such comparos are awesome because of the emotion and subjectivity of it all.

16. PayTriple

PayTriple The Cucumber King

Trips to Las Vegas:

Another distinguishing factor for me is the quality of the wine list at a steak place. I would rather have less ambience and a great wine list.

17. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've actually noticed that the less sophisticated palate tends to favor ambiance over all other qualitative characteristics of a restaurant. Most of the time, food and drink are least important to them.

But, I agree with you. I'm much more particular about the food and drink than I am the ambiance.

18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find it amusing that "other" appears to be the fave here. :)

19. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Havent been to a few of these (Prime is high on the list to get to) but I like Cut better than SW, N9NE, Delmonicos and Carnevino - but they are all fantastic.

On our upcoming trip over MLK we are doing Strip House, Cut and then Giadia for a change of pace.

20. CubsBrian

CubsBrian Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    STK for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.