1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The model for customer service ...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Nordstrom.

I ordered some shirts on Saturday night at the Fashion Show store and got home yesterday to an email that noted they'd be here this afternoon.

Oh, and no charge, of course.

2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i love Nordstrom. I find both online/phone and instore staff are soooo helpful. Staff always seem to go out of their way.

3. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And did they get there? Less of the suspense Ken!!

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree! I love the customer service at Nordstrom. I became totally spoiled by their impeccable service when we lived in Seattle (20 years ago), and they are still one of my favorite stores.

5. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They should give good service given the prices they charge. My personal fav store is a (mid range) dept. store in the PA/NJ area called Boscovs.

6. ken2v

On the doorstep yesterday evening, Wig.

I don't think it is a "should," jersey, since everyone should provide service, when you think about it. But even assuming the pricing is a factor, what do you get? Great products, free shipping, no-questions-asked-whatsoever returns, hands-on service. Nordy certainly isn't an ever-purchase place for folks like us. But it also is a stunning example of the adage, "You get what you pay for." (Don't go there, HoyaHeel grammar cop!) Plus, for me, needing sizes on the more zaftig end of things, I can get nearly the same range of colors and options as the twigs that are not offered by other high-end departments but with the quality lacking in the Macy's et al. of the world. And, man, do we love the half-yearly sale.

But, hell, I'm a self-employed writer paid to golf and go to places like Hawaii, so 95% of my purchases are shorts and golf shirts from the likes of the Hilfiger and Ashworth and Nautica outlets!

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JG, you crack me up, the owner is Al Boscov and will be working on Thanksgiving Day, I think he is in his 90's, a real hands on retailer.

Got some Nautica outlet love over the weekend, my Barbie likes to dress up her Ken (me, not you) when he goes public. Just watch out for the slim sizes that get unobtrusively get slipped in, I picked one out by mistake and almost popped out an eyeball of Barbie when the button gave way.

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Nordstrom is also very good about returns. My fiancee recently returned some shoes from there she had sitting in the back of her closet for a few years but never wore. No receipt or anything. But she no longer wanted them and they took them back. I remember years ago returning a sport coat I bought there which I already had altered. I didn't even think to return it, but while I was shopping I mentioned to the sales guy I never wore the last coat I bought there because I didn't end up liking it when I got home. He told me to bring it back and he'd give me something I liked better. I was pretty surprised especially since despite the higher quality its still a big dept store.

9. ken2v

Go Barbie. Make Ken presentable!!

Yep, the return policy is a big part of it. And that's one of the reasons why I'm such a huge Costco fan, as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.