1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The MLife Credit Card

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TrixieM, Aug 3, 2016.

1. TrixieM

TrixieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may be posting in the wrong spot, so I apologize in advance.

Anyways, I am applying for the new MLife card, mainly for a possible solution to the MGM property parking situation. My current dilemma - all of my mail (I mean ALL of it) goes to a PO Box. For 32 years. I have one for work and one for personal. We haven't had an actual mailbox at our physical address for close to 25 years when a neighbors juvenile delinquent tied a rubber strap to it and litterally pulled it and it's 36" round cement base out of the ground and out into the middle of the road. We always had a PO Box and only received junk mail at home, so we never installed a new one. My PO Box and my physical address are in two different suburban areas (one of those situations where the "city" limit is literally about a half mile away...) Since I don't have a mailbox at my house, the post office doesn't recognize it as a true address.

I have excellent credit, no debt to speak of, and own several credit cards which I've had since plastic was invented. Should be a snap to get this new MLife one, right?

Nope -- they want a physical address "for contact" and won't accept a post office box address. I understand it is since 9/11, for national security, world peace, or something like that. So I have tried using my office physical address, but I'm told I "don't have credit at that address." Since I haven't used my physical home address for anything (except Fedex or UPS) for 30 years, I doubt I have credit there either other than owning the place and paying insane property taxes.

There's not a place to put a "mailing" address, or a place to explain. So it says they are going to mail me their decision. Lovely. And frustrating. I just want the damn card.....

2. worldtraveler

worldtraveler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The weird thing about the MLife credit card application is that you don't get the approval result instantly. It took me 10-12 days to know that my application was approved. I received a mail stating the same.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had both PO boxes and physical addresses for 40+ years. I have 20+ credit cards. No problems at all.

Maybe it is time to really use your address.

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is not the application, it is the applicant.

I was approved instantly. So your info must have put you on the edge of approval and required additional analysis

5. VegasLowRoller

VegasLowRoller Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard that a lot of the initial applicants were told a 10-12 day wait, something to do with the system. I was told 10-12 days for a decision but found out within a few days and had a card about 10 days after that.

6. Mrsgashy

Mrsgashy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same problem, I have a rural address and when I entered it, it kept say unrecognized and it wouldn't let me continue any further so I gave up!

Late Birthday Trip!
  7. worldtraveler

worldtraveler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was approved for other cards including Chase SW instantly in the past and credit report shows excellent credit. Maybe it is the process in this case, as I have seen folks on this board going through the same experience.