1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Mirage: 8/30 - 9/3 LIVE

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ams722, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well here I am sitting at DTW waiting for my plane to board. Thought I'd pass the time by starting up this trip report.

It's only been a month and a half since my last trip at the MGM. That was a winning trip - and I've never had two winning trips in a row before. Hopefully this one will change that!

On the itinerary: Britney concert tomorrow night, Zarkana Monday night, lots of blackjack, and probably lots of buffets.

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Random DTW pic:

[​IMG]

My plane:

[​IMG]

3. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip. Good luck on back-to-back winning trips.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think the middle of your pic is random at all. :evillaugh

Good luck!!!

5. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Safe travels! Try not to win all the money in Vegas before I get there tomorrow.

Vegas Just Because...
  6. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start to a TR. Win lots of Cash and clean out the tables. Have fun at the shows and eat all you can.

7. SW

SW Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck at the tables!

8. GSS

GSS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck

9. samanthaelizabeth

samanthaelizabeth Low-Roller

I'll be at the Mirage tomorrow!! Good Luck!

10. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay - flight was uneventful. Watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It was just as bad as when I saw it in theaters.

Landed a little early - decided to take the shuttle so I wouldn't be trying to check in at 10am.

I took Airlines Shuttle - big mistake. They seem to have a much smaller fleet of shuttles and it took a half hour for the shuttle to arrive. Then another half hour on the shuttle dropping people off. So an hour total. Won't be taking them again. I didn't tip the driver either cause I was annoyed. As I was walking away he shouts "THANK YOU!" towards me very sarcastically/angrily. I shout back "YOU'RE WELCOME!"

Check in took less than 7 minutes total - that includes waiting in line and everything (invited guest line). Can't beat that. I didn't even bother trying to go for an upgrade cause it is a busy busy busy night here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a standard Mirage room. One thing I hate about them is the tiny bathrooms. How did Steve Wynn ever allow this to happen?!?

So I was hungry after the flight: ate a Cinnabon.

Then played $10 blackjack at Harrahs (it is sad to me that Harrahs has some of the best low limit BJ left on the strip now). Made $50. I was very gun-shy. The one time I pressed to $25, I doubled my 10 against the 5 and lost.

Then went and checked out SLS. Got $5 in Freeplay from having a monorail ticket and $5 from their introductory wheel spin thing. Turned that into $10 cash.

Then played BJ there. Great table. A bunch of drunk young friendly Asians. The dealer, Darika, was crazy and fun and had the dry sarcastic sense of humor I like. Made $100 at this table, so I doubled my buy in.

SLS has standard H17 blackjack rules: DAS, RSA, 3:2, surrender. Cocktail service was slow but my margarita was strong when I finally got it.

On the way back the monorail was malfunctioning so it took forever. Very annoying.

Had $25 MyVegas Freeplay. Turned that into $17.40 playing some penny slot. Wasn't in the mood for VP.

Weirdly, an old "friend with benefits" who used to live by me but moved away is staying here at the Mirage too this weekend. We ... ahem ... just got "reacquainted."

The wifi here at The Mirage doesn't seem to be working. If it doesn't start working soon I'm gonna call down and bitch that they better waive my resort fees.

11. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Atleast you got a room with a remodeled bathroom, they used to be worse and yes, they are small.

Good start to the trip. Make sure you hit up Heritage for the tomahawk ribeye. Good luck

12. Okie21

Okie21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What were the minimums on 3:2 BJ at SLS?

13. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas, baby. VEGAS!

14. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headboards have good padding there. She walkout with the mirage logo on her forehead?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  15. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now THAT is a win...to run across an old FWB? And get to rekindle the relationship? Nice.

16. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $10 - they were changing most of them to $15 while I was there but we were all grandfathered in.

17. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay - so after that last post I monorailed it down to MGM. Took a walk through there. Nothing has changed in the last month and a half since I stayed there - except of course the Lion's Share. The machine it still sitting there, just with some tape over the bill inserter. People were taking selfies with it.

Then I went and ate at Gonzalez y Gonzalez at NYNY - my go to Mexican place on the strip.

Verified that NYNY still has two low limit 3:2 BJ shoe games. Then walked to Monte Carlo and verified that they're A-holes and indeed switched all their BJ games to 6:5. Goodbye forever Monte Carlo.

Played BJ at Bellagio with one of my favorite dealers: Evie. She is crazy, but I think she's hilarious. No good. Lost $100. Dumbasses splitting 10s.

Then I had a very interesting session of Crazy 4 Poker at The Cromwell. I know it's a carny game, but you can make your money last a loooooong time if you ignore the optional sucker bets. At first it was a full table, I was the only one not playing the Queens Up or 6 Card Bonus bet. Apparently it wasn't going well. They kept asking the pit bosses to switch out the cards. The guy on third base was betting very heavy. He had his 7 Stars card on display for us to see (he wasn't flaunting, but it's hard to miss these things). He was very friendly. He kept telling me to play the Queens Up. I told him I never play it. He asked if he could play on my spot. I said sure, cause I'm never gonna play it myself. So he kept feeding me greens to play it for him. Eventually we got on a bit of a run. He told me I could keep $50 of it. I thought that was extremely generous. For a while I had a nice little pile of greens stacking up for him - but it cooled and I gave them all back. That's when I thanked him and left. Ended up winning $180 - $50 of which came from him.

Now I'm back here chilling in my room. Pretty jet lagged.

18. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :evillaugh

This hookup is one of the most unexpected twists I've heard in awhile.

One of the last times I played blackjack in St. Louis, my neighbor asked for action on my 21+3 wager I wasn't making (and would have been winning obv :grrr:). Dealer refused. Pretty hard to find low limit table games without "side bets" anymore. :(

Hope the rest of your trip keeps up with this start!

19. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah back home in Detroit, giving someone money to play their side bets for you is a big no-no. But apparently in Vegas they don't care. The dealer said it was fine. Or it could have been that shiny Seven Stars card....

It'll be interesting to see if I got rated for his $25 chips on my Queens Up. The pit bosses didn't know that was his money.

20. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Mirage has some of these electronic blackjack machines now too.

BUT - unlike the nice ones at the MGM Grand, at the Mirage it hits S17 and BLACKJACK PAYS 1:1!!!!

Avoid them like the plague.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.