1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The "Magic Window" for purchasing tickets.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DReynolds86, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Come On, You Blues!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm currently 59 days out from my trip and have yet to buy airfare. I keep hearing about this "magic window" so many days out that airfare is at its cheapest. Can anyone recall what it is? With CET implementing Resort Fees, I need to save as much as possible. Thanks!

2. Remon1977

Remon1977 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know how it is in the states, but here in the netherlands its best to buy your tickets about 5 to 6 weeks before your trip on a tuesday. A tip I did not used myself. LOL

3. tmaas21

tmaas21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What airline you wanting???

I am a frequent SW customer....and for the most part --- the cheapest fares come in the 6-8 week window range. So you are getting near the window.

SW is a little different, as you can rebook, so you always want to error on the side of booking too early, rather than too late. (assuming you fly more than once a year).

4. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Come On, You Blues!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not really picky about airlines, but I would prefer a morning, nonstop flight. Right now Southwest provides that, but they're a little steeper than others at the moment.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.