1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Limit Locals at The Wynn

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by johnvic, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years back the Wynn had 4-8 limit running regularly, some 8-16 too. Whenever I went to Vegas back then I mostly played at The Wynn because I liked the room, the drink girls were beautiful and the staff was great. The games seems to have dried up and they just run NL. I check their iPhone app from time to time, because I miss Vegas and the Wynn, and only see 1-3 NL and 2-5 NL.

Anyway, when I played 4-8 limit there I would see a lot of the same locals. They seem to be retirees and they were mostly nice. Some were ex-New Yorkers so that was a bonus to me. Now that there is no limit there where do they play? On my last trip to Vegas I played at the Bellagio and Venetian and never saw these people. I'm just curious more than anything else.

2. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I migrated from the Mirage when they ran a decent $6-$12 game to the Wynn's limit game but it dried up about 2 years ago. Decent mix of tourists with 3-4+ locals, of which half were decent players and the other half degenerates.

Can't answer your question about your regulars but they could have moved (many have left Vegas over the past few years), ill, dead or elsewhere. You may want to check out Aria which has a good spread of games.

3. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Venetian and Bellagio are your best bets if you're interested in playing mid to high stakes limit.

But if you're looking for a game with friendly locals, you're basically stuck to a few of the smaller rooms. I think Flamingo, Mirage and Mandalay Bay are your best bets, but I'm not sure.

4. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo is $2-$4 limit, Mirage & MB usually only have $3-$6 going.

I (and I believe the OP) prefer $4/10-8/20 limit.

Venetian, Bellagio and Aria have $4-$8 and up. Orleans has a $4-$8 game I have done well at.

Wynn had some juicy loose pots at $4-$8 but it's tight when they get something running today. It's pretty dead.

5. itsedjusted

itsedjusted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I might have been one of those locals. I lived in Vegas about 5 years ago and I was at that 8-16 at least 4 nights a week. I practically lived there on weekends.

Sad to see it doesn't run anymore. I'm going in a few weeks and that would have been my go to game of choice. I guess it's the Bellagio for me.

If anyone can point meto the closest equivalent of that game I'd appreciate it.

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Bellagio and Venetian are your best bets. I haven't been there in a year but I think Bellagio is a little more consistent for limit hold 'em. I'm not sure how Aria is for limit hold 'em but last year they never had a game running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.