1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Juice

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by KnotGillty, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnotGillty

KnotGillty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone out there watching the new series on FX about O.J. Simpson. I just caught the 1st episode last night (I have the 2nd one recorded but haven't watched yet). It has some pretty big name actors playing some of the supporting roles. Looking forward to watching more episodes and reliving the craziness of it all.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not only am I watching, but I've been waiting for it since the first promos. I have a twisted fascination with true crime in general, but especially the "crimes of the century". When I first started college, I was pretty sure I wanted to be a forensic psychologist.

I thought it was going to be a "movie of the week" type production, but I was pretty surprised by the first one. I thought John Travolta and David Schwimmer were odd casting choices, but it seems to be working. Selma Blair is awesome as Kris Karashian, can't wait to see more of her. And I never can get enough of Sarah Paulson on American Horror Story and she's great as Marcia Clark.

My husband is on call this week with his job and I'm kind of hoping he gets a call tonight so I can watch the next episode. :wink2:

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm watching too! As I watched this week's episode, I couldn't help but wish OJ had just swallowed a bullet. John Travolta must have used Kenny Roger's plastic surgeon....ewwwwww.

I watched a show about the civil suit on the weekend. Very interesting. My heart broke for the Goldmans all over again when I watched.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've watched the first episode and and the second waiting on DVR. I tuned out of all this the first time around, initially because I had better things to do than sit around and watch the Bronco, and then because I quickly became disgusted by the whole thing. Just after one episode, some of my perceptions have changed on sa few of the players. I'm not fascinated by the stuff we all knew but by the stuff that we didn't, like that scene with Darden and Cochran where Cochran was trying to mentor him.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah I'm gonna watch the second episode this weekend. I enjoyed the first one.

The OJ chase and verdict are two events that I'll a,ways remember where I was and what I was doing when they happened

I'd just finished a HS summer league baseball game and got home and the craziness was going on with the Bronco. I remember the NBa Finals were on that night too.

6. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to watch the 2nd episode tonight. I loved the first one. I've always been interested in the case, and I (I know, I know lol) am a Kardashian fan.

Possible April Birthday Trip
  7. mafig

mafig Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watched about a half hour of the first episode, but the story just feels too new to me, like it happened yesterday.

Anyway, when I saw David Schwimmer, , all I could think of and see was Ross (from Friends).

And then, when they showed OJ crying on the bed when he heard of Nicole's death, I thought they were going to make this a sympathetic OJ movie and I have no desire to see that.

8. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am watching and have enjoyed both episodes so far. Like many others, I remember the chase and extensive media coverage. I think David Schwimmer plays a great Robert Kardashian. Shows on FX are usually pretty entertaining so I assumed this one would be also.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank God for DVR! Understandably, FX is maximizing the commercial frequency, but daaaaaaaaaaamn (in my best Chris Tucker)!

One small error I caught... during the backyard cookout with Darden and his "over the fence" neighbors, it was stated that OJ was a "local" from Galileo High, which is correct, but OJ, and Al Cowlings (AC) were both from San Francisco (where Galileo HS is located) and came south to go to USC.

10. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm watching... I think so far the casting has been pretty good. John Travolta is doing a good job and
    I hope David Schwimmer has a Career break out from this because he's more than just "Ross".
    I'm having more trouble with Cuba. He's doing an ok job but I think it's a height issue.

I've already learned a few things in the first 2 episodes that I did not know about the case.

I asked a friend who was living in LA at the time if she planned on watching it and she said...
    I Lived It! And then I said: We All Lived It!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.