1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Hook-Up

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast of Sin City
    Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Ok, so this week I've had no internet access due to the spur-of-the-moment relocation looking for a place that actually had hot water and electricity.

So Monday morning I decide to go down to the business center at the Frontier and use their internet access for a couple of hours to catch up on email, do a little surfing, and re-connect with the world outside of Vegas.

After that, I was feeling kind of hungry, and in my never-ending quest to eat at all of the good restaurants in Vegas, I made my way down to the Convention Center area to have a meal at a well-known spot with the purpose of sharing my thoughts with you fine folks and offering a bit of a review. However, due to my experience there, I am unable to divulge the name of the place I went. I will just say that the food was good, and the bar connected thereto has become my new home.

Due to the NAB convention in town this week, my choice of restaurants seemed a little dubious. I checked in with the hostess stand and was told that it would be about a 15 minute wait for a table. I asked if the bar was open, and it was, so I decided try for a cup of coffee in there while I waited.

I was the only patron in the bar at the time, and seemingly the only patron in the entire establishment not wearing a convention badge. But the bartender, a young hottie in her mid-twenties with nobody to serve at the time, welcomed me and fixed me up with a great cup of coffee.

We started talking, I worked the Mikey Mojo, and we were laughing it up and having a great time when they finally called my name. She told me to come back and see her after breakfast, and of course I agreed.

My breakfast was excellent--a ham & cheese omelet, hash browns, sourdough toast. The service was quick and I was paying the check a half hour later. After that, back to the bar. As soon as I sat down, my new bartender friend said "Hey, you were playing video poker, right?

Um, yeah...Yeah I was... :rolleyes:

She responded with "Good answer!" and set a comp ticket in front of me and told me that all my Coronas were on her.

I was rather enjoying my free beer, the company of an attractive gal, and the mischievious knowledge that I was actually skipping school. It was turning out to be a pretty good Monday. It got even better when one of the other waitresses came in to visit with us between serving her tables, and again, she was another total hottie! Even though I was flying without a wingman, I was doing ok with the ladies and they both seemed to enjoy my company. Either that, or I was just the only one talking to them...

Before long, four complete arseholes showed up and ruined The Vibe. They sat at the other end of the bar, already drunk, and immediately started their version of hitting on the ladies in the crudest terms possible. But of course they just thought they were being funny...

After about another half hour of this, I decided I didn't want to listen to their boorish behavior and told the gals I had errands to run and that I had to go. They told me to come back when I was done--they didn't wish to suffer alone! So I said I would. School could wait a day--I've already got two jobs!

A few hours later I finished up my errands and found my way back to my new favorite bar. I got a big smile from my new friends "Kris" and "Maria", but dammit, those same four assholes were still at the bar, still drinking, still annoying everyone else with their junior-high-level double entendres and strip-club verbosity.

I shook my head, sat down, and Kris made me tall Pina Colada with Appletons Rum. What a damn fine drink it was! [​IMG] Not only that, but she made an entire pitcher for me and kept it on ice.

At one point, the jerks at the end of the bar finally crossed the line, so I spoke up. I set my drink down, stood up, and said in a voice loud enough for the entire bar to hear, "Listen dudes, you must have the ugliest f*cking wives on the entire planet, because you sure as shit don't know how to talk to an attractive woman!! So just do the rest of us a favor and please shut the F*CK up because you have absolutely no chance of scoring with any of the women in this place, and you're just embarrassing yourselves!" :mad:

At that point, I became the hero, and the four morons finally shut up, thinking that I either owned the place or was just stone-cold crazy.

After that, Kris kept insisting on making me other drinks, and they kept landing in front of me. After about four of them, I started to worry about how much it was going to cost. I think a Pina Colada in that joint was like nine bucks, and not being a man of great income at the present, I felt like I was spending far beyond my means.

So I asked Kris to tell me what my tab looked like. She leaned in, put her arm around my neck, pulled me in close and whispered, "Don't worry about it. I put all your drinks on their tab, (pointing to the pricks at the end of the bar, who were already somewhere north of $300 for the day)! [​IMG]

Yep, I guess in retrospect, that's the moment I fell in love... [​IMG]

And the morons signed the ticket and never noticed. [​IMG]

She told me that she'd be working the next day, too, and to come back and visit her again. So I left at six, bidding her and Maria Ciao for now!

The next morning, I was back at 10am for breakfast. As luck would have it, Maria was my waitress, so I was off to a good start. After another pretty good meal, I was back at the bar sipping free Coronas and laughing it up with my two new--and did I mention highly attractive--friends.

This day I had no errands to run, no place I had to be, no issues that needed to be addressed. So I spent the entire day like Norm on the corner barstool, except instead of drinking beer, I was sampling random martinis and fruity drinks.

Good Times. Good times indeed. [​IMG]

The end of the day came much too soon, but at least this time phone numbers were exchanged and plans were made for extra-curricular activities outside of work.

In the meantime, I still have an appointment to drink for free next Monday. I think I'll be going back.

And oh by the way...In the course of our conversations, Kris told me that she's never been to the Caribbean, and she'd *really* like to go someday...

Mikey [​IMG]

[ April 22, 2005, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: HurricaneMikey ]
  2. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

Aug 4, 2003
    Southern California
    Way to lay the smack down Mikey!

Indeed- Some motherf*ckers always trying to ice skate uphill.

I hate bastardos like that. The funny thing about being in your 20s like me is that probably 60% of the girls you meet are part-time waitresses somewhere and they're always wanting you to come see them at work. Without fail, everytime I go visit one at a restaurant where alcohol is served I run into one of these jerk offs. Nice choice of words Mikey. Those guys got owned!
  3. Jacko

Jacko Tourist

Jun 16, 2004
    Seems like we have successfully progressed through the Mikey needs a job situation. Now It is time to get Mikey a Wife.. ... Yes not just a steady lady but a wife!!!!

A "Mikey gets married" thread would be a great topper to the Mikey saga.
  4. JohhhnnyCash

JohhhnnyCash Guest

Seems to me that their are people like that at every bar, and each one of us has probobly been "that guy" at one time or another. Live and learn I guess........ Good score on pickin up the girls Mikey, but whats up with not givin away the name of the place?
  5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Nov 2, 2001
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh lord no! There's WAY to many stories to be written before we get to that point. ;)

Good times Mikey [​IMG]
  6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Feb 24, 2002
    North Carolina
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's let Mikey settle into his new life and rediscover a social life after living in the social desert that was Nashville....Besides, I too want to continue to hear these stories!!! [​IMG]
  7. kristin

kristin Guest

Awesome story Mikey!! You go! I hate Jerk guys like that!!! You would definitely be a hero in my book if you made guys like those shut up if they were harrasing me! Yuck!

[​IMG] Kristin
  8. kms9370

kms9370 Tourist

Jun 25, 2004
  9. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Sep 18, 2002
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good score on pickin up the girls Mikey, but whats up with not givin away the name of the place?

Mikey will 'esplain', but his very public life via the net has made some portions of his daily life very difficult. Respect his need for at least a shred of privacy.
  10. -KorkedBatz-

-KorkedBatz- Tourist

Jan 29, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    All that with no "wingman"...very nice!!
  11. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Mar 28, 2003
    North Coast
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn dude, you're like Batman or something [​IMG] . I spent my week puking my guts out thanks to a not so friendly stomach virus & your out there showin' some hotties who's the boss. Once you found out Meathead & the Stooges were paying for your fruity drinks, you should have ordered up some Quesadillas to go [​IMG] . Nicely done again [​IMG] .
  12. snickerboob

snickerboob Low-Roller

Jan 18, 2002
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was great Mikey! I know those girls get stuff like that all the time. I think waiting on drunks has to be the hardest job in the world! [​IMG] Oh and just have to say that starting tomorrow nigth I'll be one of those drunks!! [​IMG] YAHOO!

[ April 22, 2005, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: snickerboob ]
  13. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Tourist

Apr 30, 2002
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reminds me of Cosmo Kramer in the Seinfeld episode where he takes over driving the bus to save his girlfriend's pinky toe.

Cosmo Kramer: The bus is outta control. So I grab him by the collar, I take him out of the seat, I get behind the wheel, and now I'm driving the bus.

Jerry: Wow.

George Costanza: You're Batman.

Cosmo Kramer: Yeah, yeah, I am Batman. Then the mugger, he comes to and he starts choking me. So I'm fighting him off with one hand and I kept driving the bus with the other, ya know. Then I managed to open up the door and I kicked him out the door, ya know, with my foot, ya know, at the next stop.

Jerry: You kept making all the stops?

Cosmo Kramer: Well, people kept ringing the bell.

Sorry for the threadjack!

[ April 22, 2005, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Buckeye Bob ]
  14. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast of Sin City
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Gang..

Found a cheaper and closer internet cafe closer to home, so I'm popping in for a minute.

Sorry, I will not divulge the name of the place since the bartender could get shiatcanned for her little switcheroo on the tab.

And there are some moronic lurkers here who I've already had the pleasure of running into, who feel the need to take time out of their Vegas vacation to come down and hassle me at work just to say they don't like the things I post here or on my website.

To them, I say KISS MY HAIRY WHITE ASS!

Sorry, for the courseness, folks...to you regulars I do apologize. But for any idiot that feels like they need to come to my place of work and waste my time telling me of their dislike, save it. I hope you feel better for doing it, but again, the fact that you need to take time out of your Vegas vacation to do so speaks volumes about you, and none of it good, I'm afraid. I mean, shiat, I don't take time out of my day to come down to your work and mess with the Slurpy machine...so I expect the same consideration. :rolleyes:

In other words, get a life, loser!

Because of that, I will be much more private about the details of my life in Vegas. In fact, on Monday I have an interview/audition at a Strip property, where I'll gladly go to if hired. However, if you want to come see me, you'll have to email me, and if you're not a regular with a history of normal posting, I *will not* tell you where I'm at. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be, due to a few morons with nothing better to do with their pathetic little lives.

Anyhow...now that we've got that straightened out...

Um, no... I won't be getting married anytime soon. Too many things still left to experience, too many stories to tell. But thanks for thinkin' of me. ;)

Y'all have a great day!

Mikey :D
  15. psycho

psycho Guest

Dang.....You are the man. Sorry to hear about your bad run in with some of the people viewing the posts here. So tell me did you get phone numbers for both girls?
  16. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Apr 1, 2003
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey, people like that are jealous of your popularity and magnetism. Try not to let it get under your skin.
  17. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Nov 1, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said HM, I don't blame you a bit......That floors me that someone would take the time out of a Vegas holiday to try and find you and hassle you, truly these folks have to know they are LOSERS. [​IMG]

Isn't there a by-law that prohibits these type of folk from getting into the city? If not ,they should look into passing one. ;)

On a serious note, probably best if you try and fade a bit into the woodwork, and like you said, the *normal* ones can reach you thru other channels when they travel to Vegas and you can set something up to meet.

I'm just hopin’ you don't discriminate against us Canadians, :eek:
    for someday I will return. [​IMG]
    It would be nice to stand side by side again at the IP, now that I have admitted it ain't a dump, and roll the bones again together.

I'm goin' out on a limb here, my name would appear under the "Normal T2Ver" column? :D

.... geez I sure hope the "Canadian" thing I have to live with isn't a mark against me....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good to hear you are moving on and out of the "no water, no electricity" pad.
    How is the Sled running, all good since the repairs??

Thanks for the update.

TTC - "The Token Canadian"

[ April 22, 2005, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: RossW ]
  18. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Nov 25, 2002
    Twin Cities
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just have to ask - you would know Brett Favre if he walked up, right? I mean, wouldn't be the first time...

p.s. blackjack - hangin' round my neighborhood, brotha?
  19. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Feb 26, 2002
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can just imagine larryfromdk showing up at your place of employment, and making an ass out of himself. How uncomfortable. Goodluck Monday, I'll be in town next week and would love to roll some bones at your table if I get a chance. I love Sunset btw, a real nice place.
  20. No More Bets

No More Bets Guest

I guess I should start posting more often, so I can sit at HM's table...someday!...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.