1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The History of VMB

Discussion in 'Admin. Announcements' started by Sonya, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, $139 a night rooms in 1995. At least you didn't have to fight with the resort fee, :poke:. In 1995 I was probably looking at $14 a night rooms downtown and staying on the strip for $35 a night.

Great story Sonya. I also was on a number of sites but didn't like the things going on (and some people there) and finally settled on VMB because you don't allow things to get out of hand here. It is too bad that those other sites allow those things to continue, it detracts from the main thing for many of us.....discussion about Las Vegas.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked Dan about this rate last night. He thinks it was more like $119, but I remembered $139. We both remember it being over $100/night. Whatever it was, it was way too much for the Manor Rooms. :haha:

It was Columbus Day weekend and we were booking last minute. There was something else happening that weekend, but I can't remember what it was.

3. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, too, am happy with this board, altho I don't frequent it everyday like I did when I first joined, I pop in from time to time , to catch up on new tidbits n treasures and help to plan the next trip
    Thanks to you and all the Mods for keeping it real :)

4. justdeb

justdeb hey look!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you for the story of how this place came about. I've been going to Vegas since the 70's and i've learned more here than i ever did by just coming to Vegas.

5. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya,

Great story and very nice to know! I've often wondered how this board got started. You've done a wonderful job. This is the only internet board I've ever followed, both because of the subject and more importantly because of the politeness and helpfulness of members. It's been a pleasure to read and participate. Also to encounter members in Vegas from time to time, who have proven to a person to be just as pleasant as they are here. Kudos!

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree! I am an introvert and the idea of meeting strangers makes me edgy, but I've always been pleasantly surprised by how none of the people I meet from the board ever feel like strangers. They're friends I haven't met in person yet. :)

7. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember alt-lv. When I first found that site, I loved it, but then it got so nasty because of a few people. They ruined it for everybody. Thank you all for your hard work in keeping this a place where everyone can visit and not feel stupid for asking any question

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brick

Brick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sonya. This is a great forum. Glad to be a member.

9. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome.

10. Ladybb9201

Ladybb9201 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love it! Thanks for all your hard work!

11. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonja, Thank you for all your hard work and for the history lesson!! I have enjoyed every minute I frequent VMB, and look forward to many more years of frequenting the boards :D

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.