1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Elusive Paris Red Room Comp

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nubia11, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped a Flamingo Go Luxury? Yes.
    Comped a PHo HH w/view? Yes.
    Comped a Caesar's Augustus? Yes.

Comped a Paris Red Room? :nono:

I know, you always want what you can't have. Is there just less inventory, are they just that popular, what is it?

Anyway, we haven't stayed at Paris for a while so I bit the bullet and booked a regular ole' luxury room. Still free so, hey, I'm not really complaining. I've just never stayed in a red room so I think I'm a little fixated. Hopefully, we can finagle an upgrade at check in.

Thank you for letting me rant about my non issue. :peace:

2. pywakit

pywakit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a luxury room comped with a slight view of the fountains..my friend spent bucks for the Red Room..with a lousy view. I thought ok, the furnishings are updated and the carpet is rather cool, but the room was the same size and it really was no biggee. I get the impression the "P" rooms would be nicer.

3. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in both a Paris Red Room Premier and a Luxury corner "P" room and preferred the "P" room. It was quite a bit larger and had most of the same amenities. The only downside being the 90's model tube TV. But who comes to Vegas to watch TV!

Annual March Trip!
  4. wizard950

wizard950 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a Luxury Corner P room with fountain view this past June. You are correct, it was very nice and roomy. It had a tube TV. So what, I wasn't there for TV.

5. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May still try for the Red Room but I like the P room suggestion too. Definitely not big TV watchers in the room so that's not a factor. I'm pretty sure that we've stayed in one before but it was quite a few years ago. The extra window sold it for me.

6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer a Red Room - mainly for the bed as my back isn't the best (27 years of hauling food on a heavy tray on the weekends hasn't helped).

However since I am no longer Diamond I only get a regular room. Since they changed the bedding, it has been great but I still prefer the beds in a Red room.

BUT always key in your offers. I had an offer in November that offered me 3 nights in either a regular or a Red (non-view) room - the regular calendar only offered regular. I wanted to see if I could get the last 2 nights free (showing $190 for both nights). She brought it down to $130 total or offered to comp one more night on the regular (had 4 of 5 free).

As a compromise I took the 3 in the Red room (yeah!) and then moving to a GO for the last 2. No view offered in the GO this time, but I'll play heavier there this trip & view will be back next time.

7. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris Red Rooms are overrated unless you can score the fountain view.
    The decorating style is nicer, than the worn base rooms. I'd much rather stay in a Ballys North Tower room and hoof it over to Paris, rather then stay in a Paris Red Room without a view.

Due to the layout of the hotel in that X pattern you are more likely to get a non view room, and the ones that face the strip are 50% blocked by the eiffel tower.

8. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    High floor prooms with view are amazing, and my favorite in Vegas. Nothing like he Eiffel tower/fountain view at night.

9. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could try to upgrade to a Red P room (in the corner). That has been our favorite type of room there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.