The D

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by BlackJackLady, Aug 20, 2013.

1. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since The D is not listed under the 20.00 trick section, I'm wondering if any of you have tried, if so what were results and what are the upgraded rooms like?

2. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried last January, I checked in at 3:00am and the clerk was not familiar with the concept? First time ever I have been stiffed on the twenty-dolla-holla?

I have had great success at the Golden Nugget and the Plaza... upgraded to suites every time over the years. They decline the tip at MSS and Cal as the suites always seem reserved for the snooty-patootie Emerald Card holders... but I keep trying?

3. orangehigh

orangehigh Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D $20 trick

I tried it last December over Nascar awards weekend and got me an upgrade to a corner king room. Was happy with the rooms that had recently been redone. Elevators SLOW.

4. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upgrades at D with a $20?

Has anyone here been able to get a $20 upgrade at the D while staying on a comp? If yes, can you give some details as to what the upgraded room was.

5. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just one person's experience, but I gave the clerk $20 during my August visit.

In return, he gave me their lowest quality room.

Having said that, I had a great time there! The food outlets were super ( D Grille, American Coney & Andiamo's ).

Really not complaining, but you asked.

6. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, yes, it was a comp.

7. frodogizmo

frodogizmo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a Corner room (not facing the Fremont), it was ok for us

8. GrtWitHntr

GrtWitHntr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's not really much to "upgrade" at the D. Outside of the very few suites they have (that are 98% of the time reserved for "Invited Guests") the rooms are really all the same layout. The only difference between a corner room and a standard room is that the corner room has wrap around windows that may give you a little better view. If that's important to you then a $20 sandwich might be worth it. I've also gotten corner rooms on many occasions without even asking for it. I usually just ask for a room away from FSE and on the highest floor possible.

9. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried last month....the clerk simply handed back the 20 without comment.

10. downtowndonna

downtowndonna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried last April, and the clerk didn't take the $20, telling me she had nothing available. The room I got was nice though. I was staying on a 3 night comp. Going to try LVH this August.

11. mkcoroner

mkcoroner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...five night stay at the end of July and early August (Tues-Sat). With my comps I paid for only one of the nights. I did the $20 sandwich at check-in and made no verbal requests. I was originally booked in a king room and was given a corner king room on the 33rd floor...included a refrigerator and a great view. Despite the issues with my room key at check in (4 trips down to the front desk), a toilet that flushed properly only on a few occassions and the elevator problems on Saturday night it was a nice stay. $50 for 5 nights in a very nice room...I can overlook some inconveniences; however, I will look at other places/comps before I return to the D. MK

Tags: