1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D room comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BayouBengal, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always been a strip player but I've been intrigued with downtown. The rates at The D and Golden Gate are very attractive combined with good bj rules and video poker. Last week I was rated at $30/hand for 8 hours at the Cosmo. That is but a speck for them I'm sure. I'm a mix of craps, blackjack and roulette with a couple thousand coin in on vp and a minimal coin in on slots. I like craps the most with $10 pass and usually placing 6 and 8 with presses if I'm feeling good. I've recently gotten more into blackjack as I've committed to learning proper basic strategy instead of playing as if dealer has a 10. I figure that might get me some decent offers downtown though. What level gets a host at The D or GG.?

2. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play around $30 a hand for 4 hours or so at the D and the GG and get three nights and some free play and food offers at each place. I don't have a host but get these in the mail every month. I'm thinking if you play 8 hours a day a host would talk to you no problem. Call them up and ask for one, worst case they might say you need to play more.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, sorry didn't mean to say I played 8hrs in a day. It's what I played on the trip and the Host on duty knocked off $130. I figure id do 3 to 5 hours a day depending on how well/poorly my sessions are going. I like the vibe at GG but based on recent reviews The D rooms look better. $22 for a basic room and only $150 for the d suite seem really attractive. The hl blackjack looks set up better at GG. Do comps or anything cover both since they share ownership?

4. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't share comps, in fact you need a separate card to play at either place. I'm pretty sure we are nearly at the same level of card play, if not you are playing a bit higher than I am and so this leads me to believe you should be able to get freebies no problem. I checked my latest offer and I have 3 nights, 25 slot play, 25 matchplay and $15 for food. That's after one four hour visit. I may not even have been there that long.

I do think the D has more attractive dealers and the vibe is nicer. People complain about the music being too loud and I didn't feel it was. Their high limit "room" is sort of like the Gates--just a section off the main floor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.