1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

the best trip ever. really. day four

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by kitson, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

My Trip Report

forgot to add last night, after the 170 dollar tab at hugos cellar, and then playing at four queens and golden nugget, on way to the room stopped to show the wife the bank of machines where i hit the royal. put 40 in, hit four deuces, cashed out for 400. went back to the room with more money than when we had left for dinner!

friday was the day to go around downtown and pick up new players cards. golden nugget one still worked after three years, and cashed out 11 dollars in cash comps from it, though i lost 40 while i was there. card at Horseshoe , lost 40 there while wife took the "free" t shirts back to the room. card at the las vegas club, broke about even there, and over to the golden gate.

i just knew mikey would be working, just after 10 am, but it was not to be. this was just prior to his weekend from hell that you have been reading about. so i missed him, which is the biggest disappointment of the trip. we did have a nice phone conversation, though, while he was home waiting for his air conditioning guys to get it right, and now i have meeting him at the top of the list for next trip!

got to the plaza about eleven am, there was a poker tourney at noon, and my wife said i should enter it, with my luck. i had never played hold em before, but have seen it on tv, and stayed at a place like a holiday inn express once, so...
    hundred dollar buyin, including the rebuy that i took off the top, 24 players, i made no big mistakes, made the final table of ten, went allin off the big blind first hand at the final table, and tripled up, but next hand got me. only paid 4 places, so i lost, but what a fun experience.

made a couple of baseball bets at the plaza, under 7.5 on cubs vs. white sox, with maddux up, and over 7.5 on the d-backs and someone. won both 38.40 back on each 20 dollar bet.

back to the four queens, hit another couple times for 400 each, just had to shake my head and chuckle, never been on a streak like this! back to the brewpub, just the 16 ouncer this time, new waitress, same attitude, i loved it.

to main street station, to play a little, had got the card that works there earlier at the fremont. lost, went to 777 for supper, crowded, a line, and just a roar coming out the doors. walked across to the california, down the escalator to the redwood grill.

went in, asked if we could get in without a reservation. this is highly recommended to all you guys out there, the hostess there was among the most beautiful women that i have ever seen! anyway, she seated us, we had a meal twice as good as at hugos cellar, for less than half the price! i will post a separate report on the redwood grill, it is worth it.

to bed for our last night this trip, one more great surprise to come, but this time i had to draw to it!

2. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck of a run, kitson. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.