1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The best airfare ever!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Sue24, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying Allegiant from Des Moines in August.... $64 out, $64 back..... can you beat that??
    I am passing on the assigned seats and fees for checked bags. Definitely a budget trip,... but sooo excited to get a good deal!

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a good fare, but they charge for either checked or carry-on, so unless you have no luggage it's gonna cost you a little more. But that is a great rate:thumbsup:

First Trip 2017
  3. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going with a large purse that will fit under the seat, so ..... no luggage, no assigned seat or any of the other stuff they try to push on you. Going with a friend... my roundtrip bill is $136!! Unbelievable!

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read a thread that discussed under the seat luggage that meets Allegiant and Spirit Air's maximum dimensions. There was also a youtube video showing a guy packing for a trip, it can be done.

5. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you send me a link to this thread? I'm thinking my purse will work, but would like to read this. Thanks.

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couple years ago I booked a $54 out and $54 back. I didn't even plan on going to Vegas but with flights that cheap and comped rooms I had to book it.

7. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dfalk,
    That is exactly how I was.
    I called my friend, since husband wasn't that interested.
    So, it should be a fun girl's get away for not that much cash.
    Now, if I can get these "free" rooms squared away!
    Whoo... hooo!

8. TableToddyy

TableToddyy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome ,your a winner already. good luck ladies

9. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked mine on there as well. Round trip, with seating, and 1 carry on... $198 from Austin. I read a lot of bad reviews out there, but I didn't see any issues from Austin. Hope everything goes smooth.

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the link to the article, you might want to double check Spirit's website for the dimensions of an under the seat bag. There was a mention that the wheels of the American Tourister luggage caused the bag to exceed the dimensions by a bit. Why this bag would have wheels is beyond me. Good luck and please let us know how you made out. I'm a fan of Spirit Air, but 5 hours in one of their seats is about the limit of my endurance.
    http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?95898-Spirit-Airlines/page2&highlight=Spirit

11. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $78 round trip on Spirit from Minneapolis last October. I see this rate come up once and a while. 10:00PM on the outbound and 12:00am on the return. You can count on the flights being 30 minutes to an hour late but for $78 and knowing what to expect, what the hell?

12. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Not latey Sue, but 2-3 years ago, snared $39 each way fares from Rockford, IL on Allegiant.

13. thestugot

thestugot Low-Roller

I use a backpack on Spirit. Works fine.

14. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great job! I used to get catch some awesome deals out of Mcallen Tx. I still do ok, about half the rate of SW.

15. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use them 2 to 3 times out of Mcallen they have delays maybe half the time, most of them our not that long. One time I had a long delay, but I finished watching the Mon. night FB game at the airport.

16. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    even if you face a slight delay...cant beat that price.

17. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have flown Spirit three times and used a duffel bag everytime and had everything packed in it and wasn't even questioned. I threw it in the overhead, too. Again, not a single question was asked. I can pack for 4-5 days in it. You roll your shirts up and iron in your room if needed. It is a snap. BTW, Sue, I seen Minneapolis to Vegas for $30 each way this past February. That was the best I have ever seen.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  18. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh wow, $30... that would be fantastic.

I'm going to do a practice pack soon to see if I can do it for sure!! Lightweight clothes and a little room for cash!!

I don't think this would be possible in cooler weather... unless you wore everything, lol!

Can't wait!

19. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $30 fare would be fantastic! Very hard to pass up!

I am going to do a practice pack with the big purse. I am confident it can be done, leaving room for CASH!

Not sure this would be possible in colder weather, but when all I need is lightweight capris & shirts plus clean underwear, it's a no brainer!

20. Scrapperjill

Scrapperjill Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew allegiant for the first time last month... Snagged a great rate $67 there $67 back. Packed everything in a good sized duffel that I used as my "personal" free bag. No questions asked. My bf packed his stuff in a good sized back pack as his "free personal" bag and also nothing said. They easily fit under the seat. Going back in a couple weeks and again got a great rate. Only this time I may screw the great deal up by adding a couple nights, forfeiting the booked return flight and booking a new return flight... Costing myself double for the return. Trying to decide if adding a few days will be worth it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.