1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

That's golf?!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Slotchick, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Front 9 = 50
    Back 9 = 39
    All I can say is, "that's golf!".

2. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it has to happen, I much prefer it to happen in that order.
    The throw your clubs in the pond reflex happens to me, when I do good on the front, then blow it on the back.

3. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be happy with the 39 and forget the 50. Hopefully you enjoyed the day ,the course,the people you payed with etc.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

You have knowing, sympathetic ears here!!

5. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The opposite for me yesterday:
    Front 9: 35
    Back 9: 48
    Sadly being erratic is consistent for me :D

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Just back from some afternoon shenanigans with two friends. Tomorrow is the club championship so some folks were out overgrinding it so we ended up bouncing around playing a patchwork nine or 10 holes. Out of nowhere the driver has returned. I was hitting these nice tight draws, great-looking trajectory, until that one on 18 I put farther right than David Duke.

So of course something else had to go, which was distance control with my irons. I jacked most every one long, and even the ones I blocked carried. It's always something, isn't it. Oh, continuing from the other thread, Mr. Anser is getting out of the closet after his short stint in detention. He's not necessarily contrite now, or anything, it's just that POS Taylor Made Ghost Spider thingy ... lol Actually, one of my buds has an Odyssey #9 with that mondo grip; of course, I dropped most everything I looked at when I was using it. Always. Something.

7. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sympathize with you Ken.

I got a lesson to straighten out my drive a month back and it's been a godsend. So what happens now?! The putter is on vacation, and unlike most golfers (having only golfed just over a year I haven't accumulated clubs yet) I have 1 putter, a great old Odyssey my DH got shortened for me last year. You think I can sink a 4 footer? I swear I'm turning into She-Ra when I have anything over 2 feet staring me down. I hit the ball like there's a 90 degree uphill slope blowing through the break and riding well passed the hole. My short game was stellar until my driver got fixed :evillaugh I suppose when the short game comes back then something else is bound to go south.

Good thing I golf to enjoy the great weather and get some exercise; well, that sounds good anyhow. My ulterior motive is to kick my DH's butt in match play when we are out there and that was going really great until my last lesson where since my cap has dropped 10! TEN! Not that it's a bad thing but losing all the shots on the course is not helping me beat him :Þ

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.