1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

That time I showed up at XS nightclub in jeans and t-shirt....

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by gambler, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and not only did they welcome me in, they gave me a free drink before I was even seated :licklips: More on that in a minute...

I just read this article that says the XS nightclub at Wynn makes 100 million per year. http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/las-vegas-has-highest-grossing-nightclubs

Those are pretty crazy numbers considering they are only open 4 nights a week. It works out to about a half million per night.

Anyhow, I recently had a chance to see XS and thought I'd share the pictures. Last month my husband and I were both invited to a slot tournament at Wynn. Both the registration and awards party were held in the nightclub so we got a chance to look around. While it was a large space, for some reason I thought it would be bigger. They do use some of the pool area as well when the nightclub is open so I guess they can pack a lot of people in there. At the awards party, we walked in and were invited to select a table to sit at. Two cocktail waitresses were holding trays of different "punch" type cocktails and I was offered one. Now I'm not your typical XS customer so I was sure to ask if they were complimentary. Last thing I wanted to do was grab one and be presented with a $50 charge. Of course if I had of won the $30,000 first place in the slot tournament, I might have been comfortable buying a drink or two.

One of the things they told us was that the tables nearest the DJ booth are where everyone wants to sit. The closer to the DJ, the more cool you are I guess. Those tables can go for $20,000 per night. I was surprised the dance floor wasn't larger but I guess they want you drinking those $1000 bottles of vodka.

V (298).jpg V (337).jpg V (295).jpg V (297).jpg V (294).jpg V (335).jpg

Well we didn't win the $30,000 top prize but my husband did end up with a $250 win while I scored a $50 win. The tournament entry for my husband included 2 free nights at Encore. My tournament entry was a BOGO offer. Since we were with my son and his girlfriend, we both got rooms for 2 nights and were able to show them the other side of Vegas. When we checked out, my husband's room was free but my bill was around $500. I had checked the fine print in the offer to see if it said anything about getting the second night free *based on play* but hadn't seen any thing mentioning it. I was prepared to pay for both nights if I had too but I mentioned to the desk clerk that it was a BOGO offer with the slot tournament entry. She made a phone call to someone, apologized for the error and then took the 2nd night charge off, reducing my bill to $250. WHEW!!

I can take XS nightclub off my Vegas bucket list (not that it was ever on it to begin with) but at least I can say I've been there!

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeans & T shirt? My guess is you're pretty hot!

3. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha smartone, I knew I liked you!

At my age, the only time I'm referred to as hot is when my temper flares up :)

4. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great club best in vegas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.