1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

That one golf getaway spot ...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My group moves around yearly, though in recent years growing families and this thing and that thing and college tuition have had an impact on who. We started out 20 years ago with six guys always going to the Coachella Valley since we were cheap and it was in everyone's backyard. Still being cheap we started doing Vegas, Scottsdale and Tucson for the same summer value pricing and better golf resorts. Then about half way in the three of us who don't whine about spending money and travel started mixing in other locales -- New Mexico (always highly recommended), Portland, Bend -- and now that's just the way we roll. We long ago gave up sharing rooms since one of the purposes of working is so as not to have to endure your mates' -- and they your -- hygienic, snoring and other practices. Now we've sworn off heat.

2. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great property, Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. We stay there most frequently when heading that way. 4S Scottsdale Troon North and the Boulders don't suck, either. Hell, Wigwam is great. Camelback is great. Phoenician is great.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, we have tried to cajole the group before into trying new places but it tends to be a tough fit. A flight blows the budget for some, others can spend the vacation days to make flying worthwhile.

We did Treetops once and it was a good time, but every time we've tried making other suggestions since it has dwindled. I am now past the offering up options stage and more at the "this is where I'm going, who wants to come" stage (in theory). Vacation days were spoken for or this year would have been Myrtle. Currently pushing for Vegas next January, but at the moment looks like just 2 of us going, and I'd be shocked if we get more than a foursome.

4. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Our core is three, though we lost one this year to a legit excuse -- his daughter was chosen for a traveling soccer squad going to Europe for a few weeks so we gave him a pass. Anyway, he's uberagreeable so I work out most of the where and why with Kevin and Ed, the other guy, gets veto rights but just wants us to tell him when, where and how much cash to bring. The other guys long ago walked away from active participation so they get to show up or not, and it's always not if it costs more than four bucks and a few hours of drive time.

We were supposed to be flying off to Bend tomorrow but with Ed out just re-tooled to a central coast -- and staycation for me -- jaunt with three of us. But we will play next to the Pacific!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.