1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving weekend

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by BlueSkadoo, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm determined to finally see a show in Las Vegas. Over 10 trips and I've never done it. This is it! I really want to see Absinthe on black Friday, late show. How likely is it to sell out, since the Californians stream in on that day? Should I purchase early or wait to get there? I'd prefer to not overpay because reading this board has taught me a lot of the shows can be had for less. Opinions appreciated!

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving

Wait you will get cheaper .

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Californians stream in on Friday... except when its a long weekend.

I've been there for a few US Thanksgivings and to me its always seemed like about half the people arrive Wednesday afternoon or evening and the other half all arrive early Thursday.

With all shows, if you are really set on a specific date you should buy in advance because waiting to see you might get a discount, you might not, or the show might be sold out.

In the case of Absinthe you don't need to wait: $20 off seems to be the typical discount people are getting if they wait until they get to Vegas. If you go to the Caesars Palace website and buy tickets through them you can use the code ABS20 and get $20 off.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since my “show experience” is only slightly greater than yours, BlueSkadoo, I can’t really offer an opinion on whether you should wait or not. But I can say that the past three post-Thanksgiving weekends in Vegas have all been pretty slow.

Number 50!
  5. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

If you REALY want to see it, get your tic in advance
    and don't worry about it.
    Try the usual discounters if you don't want pay full price.

6. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought the tix. I got reserved seats, but I thought it was all general admission. How strange! I found a good deal via email through Travelzoo, it just seemed like fate. Thanks everyone

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With Absinthe, all of their ticket categories are called “reserved seats.” The three types are Reserved, Reserved VIP and Reserved VVIP. There are no assigned seats. Instead, you get guaranteed rows. VVIP gets first row. VIP gets 2nd and 3rd row, Reserved gets what's left.

I've got 4 tickets for Thanksgiving there myself. It's my favorite Las Vegas show.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.