1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Pancakes, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi! This might be a daft question, but...

Coming from the UK, where Thanksgiving isn't 'a thing' - we have just realised it's in the middle of our upcoming trip.

Is Vegas likely to be busier that usual? We don't have any particular schedule so hopefully can plan around it if it is. If the restaurants are packed I'm more than happy to eat at In-n-Out that day ;)

Would there be any Thanksgiving related events going on that we tourists might want to see? I've had a look but couldn't see anything obvious, aside from special menus at restaurants.

Thanks!

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been there on Thanksgiving. Things are not extra busy as I remember. What is really, really busy are the buffets on that day. I don't think anyone in Vegas cooks at home that day LOL!. We wer planing to do buffet to sample lots of different foods. The lines were crazy. Regular sit down restaurants were not terribly busy if I remember right. Some had special menus for the day.

Other than that day, no big deal.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually slower than normal, or you won't even see a difference. We arrive on Thanksgiving Day. 3rd year in row for us.

Christmas
  4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering out loud if Mirage would still honor front of the line MLife Gold at their buffet. Being single, eating at the bar is no problem.

5. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving in Vegas is now a tradition for me. The week is rather slow with an uptick on Thursday (Thanksgiving day). Friday gets fairly busy, but not busier than a normal Friday.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were Plat and opted out. Even the "priority" line had many in it. And, since he buffet was packed wall to wall, it was just not worth it.

7. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in Vegas for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago; crowds were average. The buffet lines, however, were ridiculous....two to three hour wait times. Buffet lines were full of locals and their families....no one cooks a Thanksgiving dinner at home in Vegas. Several restaurants on the Strip offer a pre-fix price traditional turkey dinner. We made reservations at Mon Ami Gabi. Make a reservation, and you should have no problems for dinner that day.

One more time!
    Winter break
  8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had wonderful Thanksgiving meals at Oscar's in The Plaza on Fremont Street. They usually offer a traditional meal as well as plates of prime rib. It's usually about $60 per person (sans drinks). So, you'll easily hit $100 pp with wine/cocktails added in.

Bill

9. Jameezy

Jameezy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I arrive on thanksgiving and the cheapest flight i found got me from sacramento to vegas at like 3 or 4 pm.(all the morning flighta were way too high). I'm worried that i'm gonna miss out big time on the buffets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.