1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by PAS, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAS

PAS MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's it like?

2. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty quiet only thing booming are the buffet , a lot of local go there expect line of 90min -2 hours for dinner at most of the decent places

3. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hot man throwing themselves at you all day and nite:beer:

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'm here right now and its pretty packed. At least at Aria. The dealers and pit bosses were telling me it would get really packed this weekend as well. Tons of people were checking in yesterday. It was nonstop with big groups of people hauling bags up in the elevator.

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go the Friday after Thanksgiving every year and stay for a few days. In my experience, it starts getting really busy tomorrow afternoon; basically, everyone in SoCal gets drunk at dinner tonight and says to their friends, "Hey, hey, HEY! Man, we should go to Vegas. We should definitely go to Vegas."

KickinChicken, how long are you at Aria for?

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'm here until Saturday early morning. I have something back home on Sat night I needed to be back for. If your around Fri night and free to meet up send me a PM, we are planning to eat and play at MGM possibly that night. That is if my gambling gets any better. So far it's been pretty ugly.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, I'll let you know. I'm scheduled to get in at around 8pm, but to be honest, given how much I plan to drink on the plane, I may or may not be up for leaving Aria (and I also hate gambling at MGM after my last couple trips there, although I'm hoping to make it there on Sunday for a peanut butter crunch burger at Michael Mina Pub 1842). Hope your luck turns around; and if it doesn't, hope you're taking all the bad luck and leaving the good luck for me! :thumbsup:

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I am not sure where that "pretty quiet" reply comes from: we've been there for the US Thanksgiving a couple of times in recent years and its always been very busy, plus it seemed like it was whole families coming so there were lots of kids everywhere - for the people that don't travel during Christmas or New Years this is their last long weekend/chance for vacation for a few months.

As was said, the buffets are always very busy (lots of visitors plus the locals all come out) but on top of that the prices are all jacked up with special holiday pricing (+$5-10 for the lower end buffets, as much as +$20-30 for the higher end ones).

9. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas gets tons of travelers regardless of the holiday, but add a 3 or 4 day weekend, tons busier.

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience it's relatively quiet as holiday weekends go; it's busy, but not overcrowded. I've been out there a few years in a row and I've never found it to be "packed". And by Monday afternoon (I usually stay until Tuesday or Wednesday) it's absolutely dead.

11. tuck78

tuck78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm leaving tomorrow morning from Socal.. I have a feeling I picked the wrong weekend to go. Anyone know if The Mirage is going to packed this weekend?

12. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    alot of people coming in now .

also seen alot of kids and families in thast 2 days here.

thats why im leaving,ill be back in 10 days

13. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good one!

14. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did you see who started the thread the same guy who claims to very hot and wants women to throw there selfs at him:thumbsup:

ps on a side note saw your wairess tonight at the hardrock steak house

very funny thread. atleast i kept amused on turkey day
    http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100386

15. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strange some are saying it is so busy because the rates over Thanksgiving were super cheap at most places

16. Kickin

Kickin Flea

A handpay guy told me yesterday that on Wednesday night the hotel was over 90% occupancy but the night before was only around 50%. Those numbers are from a handpay guy so I wouldn't bet my life on them but it didn't sound far fetched from what I see.

17. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday was fairly quiet. Today packed. Kids EVERYWHERE.

18. tuck78

tuck78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sitting at Rhumbar right now... Overall the amount of people on the strip seems normal. One of the pit boses was telling me it will probably start to get crowded tomorrow. Too many freaking kids though...

19. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yeah the kid situation is nuts. It usually doesn't bother me and I don't even really notice. But right now is insane. The only place I thought I might actually lose it though was at Starbucks at Aria this morning. A lady had 3 kids, fairly grown like 6 to 10 or something. They were running all over and then one kept pulling at my untied shoelace like it was a funny joke. The third time he tried it I kicked his hand.

20. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep! I got it... I'm sure some others caught it as well. I wasn't bein' a smart@#% (for a change)... I appreciated the humor!

P.S. I love that girl!!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.