1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Prime, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

Me and my partner will be staying in Vegas from the 21st to 28th November and would welcome your opinion on where is best to eat a wholesome Thanksgiving dinner. We have never stayed in the USA during this period so cannot wait to saviour the whole experience.

A place serving traditional food like turkey would be great...along with whopping portions of course :nworthy:

Many thanks in advance.

Prime

2. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime,
    Welcome to the board and it's just full of good information.
    I'm a downtown person staying at the Fremont.
    I've eaten Thanksgiving dinner at the buffett in the Fremont and it was great.
    The turkey was excellent and you have a choice of white or dark meat. The dressing was wonderful as was the giblet gravy.
    I don't know where your staying but I would highly recommend the Fremont buffett.
    Again welcome.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can we assume by your timeline pic that you are staying at the Mirage? Think most all of the buffets will have traditional holiday foods along with regular offerings. Possibly might receive a coupon upon check in for that buffet and have heard the one at Mirage is pretty good. I read in a TR on here from last year that someone ate at Caesars and said the Thanksgiving buffet was wonderful and it was suggested to them to take their time to enjoy the full meal...

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many restaurants Downtown and on The Strip will have special prix fixe menus for the holiday. These typically include the option of having what can be considered a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Bill

5. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go every year for Thanksgiving. Almost every restaurant will have a Thanksgiving meal. I don't particularly like the whole Turkey thing, but everyone else says its great.
    I do suggest you make reservations though, they tend to fill up.

6. Prime

Prime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies peeps and apologies for the delay in responding.

Yes indeed, we are staying at the Mirage as we really like that end of the strip as we feel it's fairly central and within walking distance to the entire strip without being too tiresome.

Didn't even think about Downtown to be fair but will certainly have a look. Any specific restaurants come to mind?

I was thinking about the buffets but read they can be quite manic, although expect many places to be the same. We never get our moneys worth with buffets. I do well but the Mrs is now know as 'one plate', LOL!

I was eyeing up Lakeside but not sure we would be able to relax as it looks quite up market and out of our comfort zone, albeit I'm probably over estimating it.

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard to recommend a restaurant when they haven't posted their Thanksgiving menus yet. They usually make them available online a month to two weeks before the holiday.

Bill

8. Prime

Prime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would explain it Bill...here in the UK the Christmas menus go up around September, so kind of expected the same for Thanksgiving seeing as it's next month.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.