1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TGI Fridays

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by freddywill, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried the TGI friday endless choices deal? Looks like a good deal, but I can't eat that much and I guess you need to finish one appetizer before you can choose another.

2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The question really is, do you like Costco frozen food? Same stuff. TGIF used to be a decent place but everything g pretty much comes in partially prepared ready for the fryer or turbochef.

The last time I took a group of customers to the one at the Orleans for drinks they had the special. Drinks were watery, of course they could screw up beer, but both came out way faster than the appetizers. The second portions were always half what the first portions were.

In my opinion I wouldn't go back. Nothing more flavorful than what you can buy and reheat in your microwave.

3. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting review IMHO. Personally I avoid TGIF on principal. I just hate chain restaurants in general and really hate them in Vegas. Getting so I can't avoid them anymore it's the way things are today.

Ok I'm sorry for the rant I can't help the OP as have not tried it.

TomTWI

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't go out to eat, in fact we grow all our own food. We don't have have a TV, cause network shows are horrible and don't get me started on the reality shows. We use candles for light and wood for heat, cause I'm not payin' the man a penny for anything. My wife makes our clothes from the cloth she weaves from fibers. We pretty much reject anything the masses do and that's the way we like it!

There... now my post should fit in well with many others that will undoubtably post here.

On a serious side, our area (Reno) TGI Friday's closed several years ago, so maybe the "masses" aren't buying' what they're sellin'. I have eaten at the one on W. Flamingo in Las Vegas 3 times and it's fine, but then my head doesn't explode at the thought that anyone would have the gall to enter a chain. It's certainly not 5 star cuisine, but our small group enjoyed the meal. Like the OP, I'm not a BIG one-sitting eater either, especially at lunch, so I didn't go for that special... but one in my party did... he likes the mozzarella sticks and the pot-sticker things... it was only like $12 I think. He got his money's worth and he didn't die later that night from eating at a chain! Yes, subsequent servings were smaller than the first, but who cares as long as the service is good it's still all you can eat, not all you have time to eat. Our server was a nice young-man who treated us well and we tipped him (I know that's also a bad word to many)... it may well have been in the 30% neighborhood on a $35 bill, which for sure will get me kicked out of the cool-kids club.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we lived in Vegas we used to do an afternoon movie at Suncoast almost weekly and then stop in at the TGIF there. We usually just had apps, but never any complaints.

We stayed at Suncoast last April and stopped in there. I must say the quality of the food had gone downhill. You can't judge any restaurant by one visit, but we would never go back. But, since then they closed it and opened up their own sports themed place, so the point is moot.

Christmas
  6. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info guys. We've been there a few times but never tried the appetizers, now that Piggylane has informed me of costco frozen food, I don't think I will try it. I did like the Jack Daniels burger tho.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Spago is a chain. I like Spago in Beverly Hills, I like Spago in Vegas. I also like Puck's other-branded but still Puck-chain restaurants.

Emeril's fill-in-the-blank is part of a chain. I like every Emeril's eatery I've experienced.

In-N-Out is a really honkin' big chain, and ya'll know how I feel about that place.

Battista's is not a chain, and it sucks.

Maggiano's is a chain. It doesn't suck but I'd certainly never go back there in a town as Italian-rich as Vegas.

Outback is a chain and it bites bites bites.

YardHouse is a chain and I'm a big fan.

Chipotle is good, McDonald's is not.

And the point is, Ken????

If the food is good, the ownership structure is rather irrelevant, though on vacay -- when the idea is supposed to be out experiencing the world -- we do try to avoid the cookie-cutter, even if the cookies rock.

Now bustin' the 210/134/101 between home and Palm Springs? Yes, we will stop at Islands.

(We will not eat at Roy's Kaanapali. Now Eskimo Candy in Kihei??? Mmmmm.)

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of you may be glad to know that Friday's is no longer at Suncoast; though personally, I'm sorry to see them go. At the risk of revealing my plebeian tastes, I've always had good meals and service at Friday's. We usually just split a couple appetizers at their cheapie happy hour (preceded with free chips and salsa) and particularly like the Jack Daniel's chicken. If it's frozen, then so be it!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.