1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TFK's Superbowl 2010 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by TFK, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This is my first time attempting a trip report, so bear with me.

Friday

Me and my two friends flew out of Newark at 10:45 on Friday, and it was a long, long flight. I booked my trip late, so I got stuck with a middle seat, which sucked. The person who designs Continental's planes must think the average man is about 5'5" and 130 lbs. There was a ton of turbulence, but other than that an uneventful flight. They now have Direct TV instead of a movie, so I bought it, but still, there wasn't really anything interesting to watch, other than a few episodes of Popeye.

Landed in Vegas around 1:30 or so Vegas time, got our bags right away, then took the shuttle to the rental car place where we picked up our clunker. Car doesn't even have power locks or power windows. But for 70 something bucks total from Friday to Tuesday, it was a deal.

First stop was In N Out burger. All 3 of us had Double Doubles, Fries and Shakes, mine Animal Style, and lamented the fact that the closest In N Out to NJ is 2500 miles away. Finished our meal, hopped in the car and sang the '3 Best Friends' song from the Hangover for the first of far too many times this trip. The joke got old quick, which of course makes it all the more funnier.

I checked in at the Fitz, my friends at the Nugget, showered up and met at the Golden Gate. I played some BJ and won a little, then played 3 Card and hit a straight flush that paid $200. Played for a few hours and left up around $300. Went back to the Fitz, played some Let it Ride, won a few bucks, then dropped $75 in what seemed like seconds on the craps table.

Went back to the room, called the wife to say hello, oovoo'd my mother and sister back in NJ and uncle in Norway, the met up with my friends and grabbed a cab to the Flamingo.

We saw Vinny Favorito who was very funny. Worth the price of the half price tickets. Then we walked over to Batista's and had dinner. Some people love Batistas, some hate it. We love it there. I had the Chicken Rio which is insanely good. My friends took advantage of the house wine, and I even had half a glass....I'm not a wine drinker at all, beer is my thing. Finished the meal off with a cappocino with a giant shot of Buca, and left very satisfied.

Cabbed it back Downtown where my friend Rich called it a night. Me and my other friend Phil still wanted to gamble. We hit the Gate, but the music was so loud we left immediately. Went to the Plaza and left there, same at the LVC. The vibe downtown has changed horribly with all of these dancers and lousy music. So sick of all that, we walked to the Western.

Played some blackjack, lost a bit. Enjoyed listening to the Kareoke. And yes, it was everything you'd imagine Kareoke at the Western to sound like. While playing BJ, some cracked out looking guy sat down and was complaining to the pit boss, Benjamin, that he got jumped outside. He said they took his cell phone but didn't get his money. He then proceeded to play some of the worst table killing blackjack I've ever seen, hitting on 14's and 15's while the dealer is showing 5's and 6's, etc. Couldn't take that so went to play the Lucky Chan machine, which is my wife's favorite.

By this point it was well after midnight and the beer and lack of sleep were kicking in, so we called it a night and went back to our rooms. Called my wife to say goodnight, and hit the sack.

To be continued...

TFK

2. elbee309

elbee309 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rental Car

Interesting report so far. Which rental car company did you use?

3. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good job so far....thanks! I love downtown trip reports!!!! :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.