1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Terry Fator or Jersey Boys

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by hokdo, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hokdo

hokdo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be in Vegas May 8th-12th. We are going to see KA and we are thinking of Viva Elvis(although I read the Viva Elvis thread on here and now I'm a little worried about it). We are thinking of adding a 3rd show on Friday night and were contemplating Terry Fator or Jersey Boys. Does anyone recommend one or the other and why? We are a married couple in our younger 30's but like the 50's and 60's music due to our parents forcing us to listen to it on road trips, ha. I haven't really seen Terry Fator's act but I've seen Jeff Dunham and think he's hillarious, I'm not sure if that's a good comparison or not though. Just looking for advice. Thank you.

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not seen Terry Fator in LV but did enjoy his performances on America's Got Talent where he won. Some have stated here that if you watched him on AGT you have seen the act. However, considering how long he has been in LV and the price of his tickets, he must have a good show. I just can't justify paying the price to see that kind of an act (just my personal tastes).

I did see Jersey Boys and it was great.....great story, great sound, great music. Now, if you are just so so about the music than you may enjoy Terry Fator's show more, but if you liked the music of FV and the 4 Season's you won't be disappointed. I was not a great fan but did enjoy the music (my era).

I have seen tickets for Jersey Boys for something like $99 and $125 if memory serves me well. I think I paid $147 before they moved. Check Goldstarevents.com for prices as well. Good luck choosing. I think they are both good shows but depend on what you really like.

Jimbo338

3. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved Terry Fator on television, and was eager to see him in Vegas. Due to limited time, we had two shows booked on the same evening and left Fator early to see Le Reve. We got the dvd of the show to see what we missed, and it wasn't a lot. Overall, we felt the show was pretty by-the-numbers and had a tired familiarity to it already on the first viewing. Overpriced, as well.

4. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

You'll have to decide...a road trip re-visit or a puppet show.
    For Terry's Show, you'll best enjoy it with down front/center seats.
    For JERSEY BOYS, mid room centerish.
    Getting your tics in advance will insure the best seats along with
    paying the rack rate and calling the box office to request what section
    and row you want...look at the seating chart.

5. housdoc

housdoc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw Terry Fator for free in Atlantic City few weeks ago. Show was OK for Free. I actually walked out to play Craps. Wife watched but would not pay to see him.. Jeff Dunham is a much better Puppet Master..

6. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have seen both. I was surprised how much we enjoyed Jersey Boys (putting it in our top 5). Terry Fator was entertaining as well.

It really comes down to: would you prefer to laugh, or be impressed.

I speak highly of both shows, but would probably vote for Jersey Boys is you have an interest is some good music. I never considered myself a Frankie Valli fan (couldn't have named more than 1-2 songs), but after I got in there I recalled several!

When we go back in late summer (in the works) we'll probably go see Terry Fator again - but only because my 20 year old son and his girlfriend would probably prefer it to Jersey Boys!! Phantom will be on the list too -- before it fades away!!

7. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jersey Boys and Terry Fator are in my Top 5 Shows I have seen, you can't go wrong with either show. I have seen Jersey Boys twice and loved it both times, I am 32 and grew up listening to Frankie Vallie, my father always had the cassette in his car.

I would pass on Viva Elvis and try and work in both of these shows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.