1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Terminal 3 Limo

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Readingfanman, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having never flown into Mccarran before, I've never had the delights of a LV taxi yet. However I'm flying into Terminal three, obviously the less popular terminal in terms of arrivals on this forum.

Half the reason I'm coming over is for my brothers 21st and ideally we would like to get a limo from the airport, I've looked at Presedential, but the time starting as you land may screw us over a bit as we will have to clear immigration. So I thought we may as well just pick one up at the Airport, see the sign on the way in and chill out instead of worrying about being overcharged in a taxi.

So what I need to try and establish is, although I know at Terminal 1 you can just approach a limo driver and negotiate a price with them, is there the same option when coming out of Terminal 3, or will I be stuck with a taxi?

2. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We use presidential each time we land, and since we are Canadian we also land at T3. The driver will track your flight and know when you flight lands etc...

Go with presidential!

3. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't agree more, our driver Wilson always is in communication with us the day of our flight and we have never ever have had to pay any extra.

I am curious as to the immigration issue, as when we land we just go directly to the baggage claim. I believe it will be the same for you as well. You should be going through U.S. customs before you board the plane not after.:beer:

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there are limo and shuttle boths in the terminal so you can always get one that way

5. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not from UK!

That's the way to go if you do not book with Presidential or another firm. There could be a wait if you book at the booth while a limo comes round from T1 or elsewhere, unless you are fortunate to find one in the area. They do not seem to line up like they do at T1.

6. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I thought it might be a different way of working between Canada and the US, and UK and the US. Previously when I've come over to America through JFK and Detroit, I've had to go through immigration on arrival.

So there is a limo booth in Terminal 3 then? Excellent news.

Thanks for people who suggested Presedential, as said though, I don't want to have to wait for 30-40 minutes in immigration queue and wasting cash on standing there if I'm able to just pick one up from a booth when I get there. The only exception is if Presedential were prepared to pick me up say 30 minutes after my flight had landed, but I'm unsure if that's really how they work! Might have to contact them.

TY to the moderator who moved this to correct section.

7. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's US Immigration posts at the main Irish airports but not the UK.

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be able to contact them and say that you want pickup at a certain time instead of when your plane lands, but picking one up at the airport will be just as easy.

9. Robag

Robag Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not all Canadian aiports have US pre-clearence. We live in a smaller city, Regina (pop 200,000), and we have direct flights to Vegas 3 times a week. We do customes when we get to Vegas. If we fly out of Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, etc, they have pre-clearence, so once they board the plane, it's like a domestic flight for them.

10. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think I'll just pick one up at the Airport, dont want to risk our plane being delayed or something or customs taking longer than we expect or something. Cheers for the help.

11. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This doesnt surprise me much, but it does surprise me that there isn't this sort of "pre clearance" from big spots into the US such as Paris, London etc. But then again, I guess America cant afford to have people employed in each and every country willing to do that.

12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, how long does it normally take to go through customs?

You will be happy whichever way you decide. I love Presidential and I'm sure there's some flexibility on the time if you tell them ahead of time of having to go through customs...

13. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JFK, not long at all, 15 minutes or so. Detroit was about 40 minutes or so.So not terrible, but I have read reports of people waiting 45+ minutes in a queue to get through customs and immigration. Added to that we get all the usual, why are you here, how long are you staying type questions, and photos and fingerprints taken.

Will probably go with a booth limo, would like to use presidential, but I have no guarantee of a working SIM card just in case I need to ring them or anything like that. Picking one up gives us a bit more flexibility I guess. (It does surprise me that Presedential don't have a stand/booth at McCarran, I can imagine they would get a lot of pass through trade).

14. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Customs is pretty quick, even instant at times, as the bottle neck is the earlier Immigration checks.

15. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true, I was sort of just lumping the two together I have to admit. You dont even realise you go through customs, it's immigration that is the queueing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.