1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Terminal 1 C/D gate checkpoint

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jhair, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhair

jhair Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read somewhere that there is a C/D checkpoint that appears to be faster than the standard C gate checkpoint.

Will be flying SW out of Vegas on a Wed. morn and curious if anyone has any knowledge of this and is it any faster than the standard C gate.

Thanks for any info.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to use that one all the time, especially when I had a low numbered C-gate, cause it's next to the tram, but I thought I read on here that it has closed now?

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If we are talking about the same checkpoint, it is now pre-check only to get through.

Christmas
  4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it might be. I feel like they keep reorganizing the checkpoints, but I distinctly remember going through pre-check last time and accidentally taking the tram to the C gates instead of the D gates, because (1) the checkpoint leads into both, and (2) I am dumb. So I'm pretty sure that's what we're thinking of here.

5. jhair

jhair Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I thought they were stopping the pre-check. Anyone know if SW is still giving out pre check?

6. Texsam

Texsam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did get a SW pre-check on return flight yesterday... Didn't try the C-D (tram) checkpoint

7. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, got pre-check at LAS 2 weeks ago on SW and showing it on my itinerary for next week----and yes, far right D/C security line was a pre-check 2 weeks ago---will see if any changes next week!

NCAA Football Championship Game
  8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not entirely sure what you mean by this. I have Pre-Check through Global Entry membership and never fly SW. I think the point is that the checkpoints have been moved around.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I've had it a few times recently.

Last trip to LV the Southwest ticket desk area was a nightmare. Under construction and temporarily smaller. You had to go out (almost seemed like you were going to that old "secret" checkpoint) and back in to the C gate checkpoint.

10. jhair

jhair Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies. I was just trying to find out how to get five older people to the gates with the least amount of walking.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There were stopping CERTAIN parts or kinds of precheck. I have never seen such confusing press releases from the about this in my life.

We not have permanent Precheck. Lines were nasty a few years ago in Vegas, but have been very reasonable on our last 3-4 trips.

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uh, in the LV airport (and many other) you WILL be walking!

I'm kinda surprised, however, that the new checkpoint does not have convenient access to the tram. You're waaaayyyyyy down there by the 20-something gates.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.