1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tell me about the Strip House @ PH

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried searching and although there are plenty of threads about steak places not much feedback about the Strip House at PH.

What can you tell me about this place?

2. VegasDragon

VegasDragon Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been there for over a year but I have been four times before that and had great service and meals. Not cheap but done well and I like the burlesque atmosphere.

3. jegbomb52

jegbomb52 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a fan of Strip House, their filet in my opinion has been sub par on two separate occasions. The atmosphere is stuffy and too pricey for what you pay for. The food is just as good as Circus Circus steak house.

When I do a steak in Vegas I always make sure I plan one night to do the south strip with MGM, NYNY, Luxor, and MB. I visit Strip Steak at Mandalay each trip without fail. Their steaks are amazing and their fries they bring out are out of this world. I also dig their mac and cheese.

4. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As for the pro's, I've had good service there on each occasion -- and we have always found a wine to fit what we were looking for. And a nice whiskey selection (One time they were even doing a rotation and I got to try a new 18 yr. scotch for like $8 or something outrageously low).

For dessert, if you wind up there, you must try the 24 layer cake. It's good, and where else can you get a 24 layer cake!

Overall, i'd say you wont be disappointed but it is NOT a cannot miss type of restaurant. It's solid but is nothing totally one of a kind, it just has a number of disjointed neat things going for it along with solid Food.

5. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten there twice. I was happy with the steak and the service. I'm pretty sure I had a strip steak. I wouldn't say it's on the level of Carnevino or Cut, but thought it's the next tier below. When I ate there aloe I sat at the bar and the bartender was great, talked to me and kept me entertained, that counts to me. Also, the atmosphere is great as VegasDragon pointed out.

If I was in Vegas and someone said, let's go to Strip House, I would be happy to. But there are still plenty of steakhouses I want to try. Go if you haven't.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  6. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed it's not Prime or Carnevino, but still pretty darn good. The atmosphere is VERY dark inside... e.g. difficult to see the people you're sitting with or read the menu dark. Can be cool if you're there with a hot date... can suck if you're there with a group, or if you've got sight issues.

Last time I was there, it was me, my wife, and another couple. At the table/booth next to us was a party of about 12-15 people. This girl looks over to us, points at the guy in the middle, and says "He's a billionaire!". So even billionaires eat there, apparently.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.