1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tell me about LAX

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by DonnyC, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone been to LAX?

If I go I would be choosing between a Wednesday and a Thursday in July.

What can you tell me about LAX?

I've never been to a night club in Vegas but there is a reward through My Vegas for a table reservation - so I might go for it.

2. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally if you're going to use a my vegas comp, if you have enough, use it on the lounges with Aria like the Gold Lounge.

LAX is a has been that is on the roster for the bus club crawls. It's a vegas club that is tier 2.5 to 3 vs. what else is on the strip.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny! I saw the title and thought somebody wanted airport info for LAX.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got that one booked already...but I'm wondering about cancelling it because I have to have the reservation for 9:00pm. I was thinking that bottle service would be a great way to end the night, from like 11:00pm onward. it's just my brother and me. He'll have just turned 30 and I'm 34.

I've never been to a Vegas club...because of price. So this is going to be my "club" experience - I know that it is a lounge and much, much smaller than a club...but that's ok.

We are also going to try to get into Drais pool nightclub - can't afford a table - but have a couple of drinks and check it out.

You've been to Gold, right?

5. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done it 3 times as a more low key night. I'm the oldest in my group at 44 with the range going from 32 to me with 4 of us married (me as 1 of them) and 5 that are single. We always did the deal through the Light Group's deal where it is $500 for the top shelf deal. Among 4-5 of us it was a less expensive night.

Definitely not your Vegas Club scene which is enjoyable once in a while. If you haven't looked into it yet, Carnaval Court by Harrah's is a solid night also. Can do jeans and a t-shirt and is outdoors.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a choice on where we get seated? Is there spots that are more preferred over others?

7. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LAX is pretty empty and sad. There are club tours who go there and the place fills up more when they get there. I think you'd find LAX to be a bad "first club" experience.

If you are trying to see what first rate clubbing is like in Vegas, check out the Jack Colton forum. It has a lot more information on nightlife in Vegas. Drai's/Cromwell is going to be ridiculous. But, because of that just opening, you might be able to take advantage and try out some other relatively new clubs that will be temporarily suffering because it's "shiny and new." Take a look at Marquee, Light, Hakkasan -- all top tier clubs that are direct competition to Drai's/Cromwell. If you want something different, maybe go to Rose.Rabbit.Lie at the 9:30 show and stay until the midnight show when it turns into a club. Tao or Tryst on Thursdays might also be good...albeit somewhat lower tier...club options. It really depends on the type of music and atmosphere you are trying to find. If I were you, I'd use the time at Gold Lounge to hustle up a group of females who help could usher you (at a lower ratio of guys to girls) into another club later in the evening. But, I sincerely doubt that will work for Drai's. Good luck!!

Honestly, if you two and trying to club on a budget and want to check a few places out without buying tables...look into Sin City Club Crawl. Thursday and Friday line-ups for them include Hakkasan and Light -- both better club options than LAX. They have a promo code that cuts the price in 1/2 (google it) and we had an excellent time doing that last time in town.

8. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    friends dont let friends go to lax.

you should do a club crawl then a top tier club that is best for you guys so you see everthing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.