1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Television City @ MGM Grand

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by KR_5150, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KR_5150

KR_5150 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody done this lately? Do they still pay you? Thanks! :peace:

2. Tifysue

Tifysue Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it in March. They gave me a few coupons but nothing that we used. They do have paying activities but I didn't qualify for one.

3. X-Man

X-Man Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it any fun? I'm curious about it.

Graduation Party!
  4. Tifysue

Tifysue Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was fun. I watched an episode of a medical show that I had never seen and then answered some questions about it on a computer. I think they have panels where you talk to other people, but what I did was not interactive at all. I can think of a whole lot of other things that would have been a better use of my Vegas time, but my husband went to a fight and I was looking for something cheap to do on that part of the strip.

5. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the paid version 5 or 6 years ago. We waited in line and I guess they already took the last group of the day. They told us they would pay us for standing there (think it was $75) and invited us to come the next day and get paid again. Sat around a conference room table and answered a couple of questions. I think it took about an hour. Ended up with $150 in the end.

6. Federated52

Federated52 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are they still doing this? I will be there in 2 days & have some free time to kill. I was there last year about 2 weeks earlier than now & I think they paid $20 - $25 to watch a tv show they planned on coming out with. I did it 3 times & 1 wasn't worth the $20 in time it took for me to watch. HaHa.

7. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was there they were offering $20 per person plus 20 if you were selected for follow up interviews. It wasn't worth it because it was a sitcom and we hate sitcoms.

8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Tourist

Home of the Cincinnati Bengals!!! Who dey!!!
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and my wife did this about 3 years ago. We watched the pilot for the show Arrow. I fell asleep during the show, from drinking heavily that night. We did not get paid for it, but was offered money to stay for follow up. We declined. Time is to valuable while I am in Vegas!

9. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did this once, it was just OK. We've made lots of trips to MGM and haven't gone back.

We were shown a so-so sitcom (of an existing show, but an episode that hadn't yet aired) with commercials and all.
    Half way through I realized the show was filler, it was all about the commercials (all 30 second spots for upcoming shows).
    After the show was over we did the survey. There was one question about the show, the rest were all about the ads for the new shows.

10. Federated52

Federated52 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it last week on my trip. They showed a TV showed that was planned to come out. (If it got enough positive feedback, I assume). They also asked a few questions about the show afterward. They paid you $25, It was approx. 45 min. The show I watched was pretty good.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.