1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

technically its a trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sporty8705, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Was supposed to be hubby, his brother, and his parents. Was told on christmas day that I was going. Then Thursday night before we left, my FIL decided he was too sick to go, so now MILs friend went instead.
    woke up at 7am on Friday January 2. Left at 815 to go to vegas. drove past barstow and stopped at some rest stop, the only one between barstow and vegas. Got to vegas about 130, due to the driver only diving 70mph, who does that on the way to vegas, i mean really.
    Got to vegas and checked into Hooters. Got Hooter cards and then went up to the room. There were 2 rooms, one with a king bed and one with 2 double beds. We got the one with 2 double beds, :nono:.

MIL wanted to go play bingo so we went to Gold Coast and got their cards, and Friday was 5x points day :thumbsup:. played th 3pm bingo but we hadnt eaten al day so walked to the bowling alley got the hot dog combo that had a tough ass hotdog,chips and a drink. walked to the bingo hall, played, then decided to stay for the 5 session. played slots in between the 2 sessions. Then at the 5 session hubby got bingo with the wid ball so he won 337!!!!!!!! no one else won but we were also playing keno and he was 45 on that tooooooo.

went back to Hooters to change and get ready for the concert... but my cords all of a sudden didnt fit. so wore jeans and a sweater. there were a zillion people going to see Neil Diamond. sat down and decided that since we hadnt eaten we all got a drink and popcorn. concert started 30 mins late and there were drunk people all around, including in front of us... but it was a good 2 hour concert.

when the concert got out hubby said he wanted to take me to Coyote Ugly and Dicks Last Resort t get me stuff... :evillaugh.
    told my siblings that i would get them M&Ms but since we never had a free minute, just hbby and i, so i didnt know if they were still open. we get there about 1040 and get the M&Ms and then decided to go to coke factory, their doors were open, but we walk in and are told its closed... o we eat at outback on top of the coke factory, all got appetizers, its a good thing that i only ordered 1/2 order of cheese fries, and couldnt finish them, idk why, maybe cuz its 12am and its been 10 hours since we last ad any REAL food.

we leave and go to NYNY to get me some shirts and undies at Coyote Ugly, but the gift shop is closed, i didnt know that. Never made it to Dicks cuz i figured they were closed as well.

Went through MGM to put some play on my cards and get back to Hooters. I was surprised that the gift shop in the lobby was closed, i thought it was 24 hr. oh well.

play some at hooters then hubby got me some shirts at hooters to make up for the other places being closed and the concert starting late.

went to bed around 130 and woke up at 7am to leave, i put 5 bucks into te dolphin machine, hit the bonus and cashed out for 20 bucks and stopped at Whiskey Petes to eat at the cafe, i was told it was the buffet. I got the steak and eggs for 6.95. the steak came out medium, oh well, the eggs were idk what, the potaoes tasted just gross and bread. left 1/2 the steak and all the potatoes.

keno was toooooo slow so we didnt wait the extra time for the final 3 keno sessions tht they paid for. went to the bathroom like 2x in 10 mins cuz i have bladder issues, got crap for that from MIL, she has to go again, and hubby says remember shes got bladder problems...

we leave and we both fall asleep and wake up i the back up for the agricultural check point, then i decide need to pee again, i try to wait but we stopped just before Devore. MIL wasnt pleased, but i didnt care.

ge home around 2ish cuz of someone driving 70 all the way, and hubby gets ready for work and that was that...

NEGATIVES
    - no alone time for hubby and I
    - Felt like we were being babysat cuz we had them with us 24/7 even when they didnt want to be.
    - Coyote Ugly gift shop was closed early.
    - Never once had a sip of alcohol. :cry:

POSITIVES
    - VEGAS baby.:peace:
    - Hubby won cash
    - seeing a concert with someone i have never seen before.

2. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:Nice TR. Thanks for sharing. Nice win for hubby on bingo too.

3. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the post.

later, GVJ

4. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR...you and hubby will just have to go back and leave everyone else at home.....:peace:

:beer:

5. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Nice TR Sporty! Next time, NO in-laws and a longer stay than one night. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.